Everything posted by D-UP
-
Pendleton County Coaching Change???
- Tenth Region Announces All Region Teams
I think voting was based on what the coach did with the players they have. In most high schools you cannot pick your players. You have to play the hand you are dealt. (No college recruits here.). Coach Arnold and Bach for the past few years have worked to rebuild Augusta's program. Coach Graham is in his first year working to continue a tradition of excellence that Coach True established. Voting is done by their peers and before district tournament. I don't think the other coaches are undeserving, but we should respect the decision made by other coaches who feel these two did the best job with the players they had this season. Coaches know how hard the job is better than anyone. At this level it is more than records and championships.- Prayers and condolences to the family of Bradley Gifford
Good man and good family.- Bishop Brossart 45 Bracken County 41 (10th Region Class A Championship)
:lol:- Deming's Lacey Mitchell Scores Her 1,000th Point
Congratulations to Deming Lady Devil sophomore guard Lacey Mitchell. She scored her 1,000th point Friday night January 4, 2012 in a game at Nicholas County. She joins sister Jessica Mitchell, a 2012 graduate, as the last 2 Deming Lady Devil 1,000 point club members. Depending on the boys maybe the last Deming 1,000 point club member. Way to go Lacey!!!!!!!! :dancingpa- Nicholas County 77 Deming 50
Direct from Coach Mitchell: There are a total of 14 offenses and 7 out of bounds plays. Time in the gym is limited for several reasons. There is only one gym for all high school and middle school (boys basketball, girls basketball, cheerleading, middle school basketball) sports going on at this time. If one or more players are sick or have Dr. appointments then you are limited on what you can do in practice. Wear and tear on the athletes with fewer players is a concern. There is also a concern that burn out might be a problem that led to the quitting of players in previous years. It is not a lack of interest but concern for the program behind many of the decisions. Negatives will always be in the stands. That is the most unfortunate thing that the girls and the program have to endure the uninformed who are always more ready to open their mouths than their hearts.- Louis Meadows # 1 girls fan passes.
I had so much respect for this man. There has not been a greater proponent for female student athletes in this state. Louis was a passionate person when it came to girls basketball. You could see it on his face as he watched the games and feel it when you read his newsletters. I also respect him for the way he faced cancer and did his best to still type a few lines about an event or player and forward a note from a coach. I join with all the other girls players, coaches, and fans in saying may he rest in peace and hope the Lord has a bleacher ready for him to continue to watch the game he loved from above. Thank you Louis. You will be missed. :cry:- Bracken County 2012-2013
- Bracken County 58 Mason County 55
- Deming 49, Harrison County 47
Awesome game. Deming never trailed after going ahead 9-7 in the first. I think Harrison County did tie it in the fourth. Mitchells and Carmack played great. Krista Smithers really shined grabbing several rebounds and I heard she had 19 points but am not sure. Fifth starter Samantha Woerner also scored and played good defense. Hannah Lovins did a good job off the bench for Deming. First time the girls at Deming have won the district since 1980. Congratulations to the Lady Devils and to Harrison County for their effort tonight too.- Paris Position
Read today on Louis Meadows newsletter that the new coach is (drum roll) Cary Barr.:notworthy:- 2010 All 'A' Boys State Tournament Contest
1. Glasgow 1. Walton Verona 1. Newport 1. Hazard 1. University Heights 1. Owensboro Catholic 1. Ballard Memorial 1. Danville 2. Glasgow 2. Hazard 2. University Heights 2. Ballard Memorial 3. Hazard 3. Ballard Memorial 4. Champion- Ballard Memorial 5. 115- 10th Region ALL A Tournament
Am I the only one who thinks Brossart can upset St. Patrick? They are quick, smart, and physical. That is a good combination, and even though they haven't won since Coach Kues, Brossart was the team to beat when the 10th Region was changed to include Northern Kentucky.- Felshia Fryman
Here was the thread for Felicia Fryman. I know she appreciates all support. http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=196675- Newport 78 Deming 52
Deming was just overmatched. There was no shame in their performance yesterday. One or two guys do not make a team, but in a school the size of Deming losing two of your starting five hurts. Deming needs all of their players on the floor. That includes the Kings, Collins, Stitt, Schalch, and Pilosky as much as Caldwell and Earlywine. The Kings are not the team as much as Deming is not a complete team without them. Each person has a role whether it be scoring, defense, rebounding, etc. They all need each other to put together the wins.- Prayers needed in the 10th
Felicia is a wonderful girl, hard worker on the court. Prayers for her and her family. I know this is a tough time. May God reach down and touch her heart and heal her pain.- 10th region coaches
Who is Andy Arn of St. Patrick?- 10th region coaches
Calvary wasn't supposed to have a team last year, but had to play to avoid paying out two year contract fees.- 10th Region predictions
:thumb:- St. Patrick 72 Mason County 39
I do know her very well. Running up the score on weak opponents does not change how well you teach basketball. Coach Douglas has some great players and they play really sound defensively. My comments have to do with what I call sportsmanship, not coaching skills.- 10th region shaping up
Campbell has an excellent team. I believe they could be #2 in the 10th right now even thought GRC has held on to that spot all season. Scott is a sleeper. I would have thought early on they would be #2, but that kind of a team and the wins never materialized. However, they are capable of an upset. The personnel is there.- St. Patrick 72 Mason County 39
First, I know Coach Douglas well enough to feel justified in my statement. Secondly, if Coach Buser were still around or if it was Coach O'Hearn I would say go after it. I have never been, nor ever will be a Mason County fan. However, I believe that Coach Butcher should be given a fair opportunity to change Mason's reputation in matters of kicking someone when they are already down. Or beating the dead horse. LOL!! Sorry, I really wanted to use the new Smilies. :deadhorse:- St. Patrick 72 Mason County 39
Typical Coach Douglas.- Deming 45 Nicholas County 44
Congratulations girls on a hard fought victory!!!!! Never give up! :dancingpa- Kelsey Carmack
She is a fine young lady and a hard-working ball player. My prayers go up for a speedy recovery. - Tenth Region Announces All Region Teams