Everything posted by Maroon Fan
-
Pulaski Co. 41 South Laurel 21 (5A)
Pulaski went to quicker D tackles last night on the 3 man front after SL moved down the field in & scored in the 1st Qtr. Alex Abner & RC White moved to those positions to use their speed to get pressure on Bowling. PC also used Eric Thomas & Micheal Phipps on the D line, & brought people from every direction. It worked very well, as Bowling had to create time to deliver the ball, running for his life most of the night. His athletic ability is the only reason SL stayed in this game. I must say the PC defense really stepped up & delivered hard hit after hard hit last night. Most definitely the hardest hitting by this team in years! As a Maroon fan it was a fun game to watch. The Maroon Nation is VERY proud of everything this team has accomplished this year. Concrats PC Maroons!!!
-
Pulaski Co. 41 South Laurel 21 (5A)
Score was tied 21-21 at halftime. PC dominated 2nd half on D. Some of the hardest hitting by the Maroons I've seen all year. Chris Muse set a school single-game rushing record w/ 367 on the ground tonight. He had over 100 thru the air for PC as well. Best part is, this kid is only a sophmore! 2+ more years for defenses to chase him around the field. Congrats PC, go get 'em next week @ Lincoln.
-
Pulaski Co. vs. South Laurel
Practice this week has been spirited to say the least. All players have been participating in every practice @ 100%. Should be good one Friday.
-
Pulaski Co. vs. South Laurel
Pulaski played its 2nd worst game of the season when they played SL(Lincoln #1). 2 fumbles going in for scores, & a score called back on a penalty for PC. SL is much improved & playing inspired football, but I have to go w/ PC in this one. Maroons @ home w/ too many weapons will win this one 45-28. As far as I know, PC has all players 100% healthy & available for this game. Hope both teams stay injury free & we have a fun game. Go Maroons!!
-
Varsity starters playing JV
Isn't it called a FRESHMAN game? It's not called a SOPHMORE or JUNIOR game. Coaches that allow that kind of stuff have major issues. It actually happened earlier this year w/ Pulaski & Southwestern. PC brought their Freshman team over & played a team made up of freshman & sophmore players. Mind you, this was a scheduled FRESHMAN game, yet SW felt it necessary to play sophmores in the game. PC still won 48-26. If you are wanting to get experience for you sophmore class let them play JV. I guess playing a junior on JV is acceptable in some cases, but a JR in a Fr. game is ridiculous.
-
Somerset @ Cawood
I remember hearing that game on the radio w/ SW. It was abattle for the Warriors to get anything positive going that night. As for SHS, I don't think they will have any problem putting plenty of points up on Cawood. Cawood is just not that good of a team this year. Too much firepower from the Jumpers: SHS 55 Cawood 12.
-
Your School Little League Program
Pulaski Co. Youth football league has been important to the success both high schools have seen in recent years. They set the league up in each of the Co. elementary schools and divided by North division (PC side) and South division (SW side). This does as much for hte PC/SW rivalry because they know from jump who is playing where. Actually just had the little League Championships thsi weekend and I found out that the Junior (8-9 yr olds) winners are 39-1 over the last four years and won 34 in a row until this year. The team that beat them was the team they had to beat to go to the "Super Bowl", which they did in dramatic Fashion last weekend. I have never seen that many fans at a little league game - especially to see some 8 and 9 year olds play.
-
Rockcastle Co./Mercer Co. predictions
I am not up on Rock like I should be, but I thought some of their losses came when Coach Larkey was trying to figure out what he was going to with his offense after injuries. This ought to be the game of the week in this area, Mercer, looks to have some of their offensives woes figured out and Rock does too. I peeked at poll results before I posted and it was dead even 50/50, which is where I think this game belongs! I know this is hedging, but I just can't see one team having a clear advantage.:creepy::creepy::creepy::creepy:
-
Corbin/Somerset predictions
Easy vasrmom, I believe what you have just read was sacrasm. To translate this for you, I think maroonmadness was being over-the-top to say that Somerset does have a chance. Man, you are quick to just snap on the team with the silver helmets, is from a traumatic experience or what??:confused::confused::confused:
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
You stated earlier that in the 1st meeting between the 2, PC left the starting RB in the game until deep into the 4th Qtr. PC actually had 3 different RBs sharing time & all 3 are Freshmen. The kid who scored late in the game was a Freshman playing in his 2nd game as a Maroon. It wasn't meant to rub it in or run it up. PC wanted to get this kid some quality time, not just in the game while taking a knee. I guess each side sees it thru(whatever school color) glasses. Good luck to MC in the playoffs.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
Here is your quote "...there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked.." Not complaining, eh? Soooo, what would that be? I do know of 1 kid that quit & it had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ playing time or being overlooked. If you have a kid on the team, be happy & quit whining! It's actually these kind of parents that try to tear a team apart! Notice I said "TRY", becuase these kids are way too good to let a few whiners bring them down. You say noone is complaining, but that is EXACTLY what you are doing! This PC team has the potential to be special! Let's all enjoy it as long as it lasts!
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
How many varsity player does McCreary have? I may have missed that. They have 33 JV players? Wow! Do they have close to 60 total on the team (JV and Varsity)? I know this is after the fact but I heard one of the Refs who work both the JV game Monday and the McCreary/Bell game friday say that those players were the same. I don't know about that, but I do know that MC coaches made some seriously disparaging comments to the PC coaches after the 1st game, but I won't go into that. This is in the past, PC will now play S. Laurel for this Conference Championship.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
Already played McCreary in a pre-season scrimmage. PC handled them easily. McMcreary is getting much better every year, they're just a couple of years away from being pretty good.
-
Lincoln Co. 28 Pulaski Co. 0
It was the best defensive performance I have seen in some time! If their defense plays this way every game they have a shot to go far in the playoffs. Coach French did a great job of getting his team prepared.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
...there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked.. So now we get down to it. This team is off to the best start in school history & some parents are complaining about playing time? Are you kidding me? I'm sure the coaches are more than pleased w/ what's going on at PC, it's called WINNING! EVERY sophmore on the varsity team is seeing substantial minutes, & now that RC's knee is healthy again, look for him to step back into a major roll in the offense. He has been hurt for the last several weeks. I'm not a parent on the team, but parents need to let the coaches do their jobs & be VERY pleased that the TEAM is doing great this year! The future looks bright for this team for many years to come as well.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
Isn't that exactly what they are doing? The JV team is undefeated & playing for the conference championship on Monday. Why would you want to move those 5 kids down to JV, taking valuable time away from the younger kids, & risking getting someone hurt? All 5 Sophmore kids starting varsity are gettting plenty of experience as well as all the younger kids on the JV & Freshman teams. By the way, the Freshman team is also undefeated, so it appeaers that all the kids are getting much needed experience @ every level. PC is 19-1 overall this year when you combine all teams records.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
#24 & #82 both start on varsity. R.C. is one starting corner, Shepperd on offense. As I said, if you start on the Varsity team you do not play JV or Freshman ball. #11(Freshman) does not start on varsity, though he does play alot of Varsity on defense. I don't think you risk getting a Varsity starter hurt in a JV game.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
At PC , if you start on the varsity team you do not play JV or Freshman, period. The point I was trying to make is the first time these 2 played it was a "true" JV game. McCreary absolutely loaded up for this game. Why do you risk getting a varsity starter hurt in a JV game? And, if the kids who played in this game don't start varsity, where were they the first time around? Just makes it look fishy to show up w/ a competely different team for the playoffs.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
#21, for McMreary, played over 3/4 of the game on offense, carrying the ball over 15 times. Doesn't sound like he played only on defense. PC played all Fresman & Sophmore players who do not get playing time on varsity team(only 1 player on the JV gets any Varsity time & he's a Freshman). As a matter of fact 80% of this JV team is made up of Freshmen. The 2 TD's scored by PC were by Freshmen. There were 5 Sophmore players who did not play in this game because they start on the Varsity team: Mikey Shpperd, R.C. White, Chris Muse, Tyler Stone, Brian Barnett. As for the first game against McCreary, the entire 2nd half was played by the Freshman team, so who else was supposed to be put in? Maybe they should have brought the 8th graders? Just trying to clear up some facts on this end.
-
Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)
The Maroons kept their undefeated streak alive in JV ball last night(8-0), beating the Raiders 12-0 in the first round of the Conference playoffs. PC had defeated McCreary 42-8 earlier this season. It was strange that MCHS brought several "new faces" to PC field for the rematch, as they dressed over 35 players for this game. Either this school has had an AMAZING influx of new players, or maybe, several Varsity kids just happened to be passing by PC Field at game time & just happened to have all their gear w/ them. Oh well, Congrats to the Maroons!! Good luck next Monday against Lincoln for the Conference Championship!
-
Lincoln Co. 28 Pulaski Co. 0
Since 1998 the record is SW7- PC4, /w SW winning 2 games last year. I wouldn't say that's "Winning all the time". SW has a very good program, but do not act like you have run the table against the Maroons over the last 10 years or so. I'm sure SW will be back next year, & I hope they are, as I want all the schools in this county to do well.
-
Lincoln Co. 28 Pulaski Co. 0
I must admit, this one skocked me. PC did have the ball inside Lincoln's 30 on 3 different ocassions only to turn it over in the 1st half. Lincoln's D is for real. Congrats to the Pats on the District Championship. Also, a big congrats to PC for making it this far when no one expected it. Keep your heads up , there's still ALOT of football to be played for you guys.
-
Mercer, South Laurel, Southwestern Tie Breaker
W/ SL's win, they are in, no matter what happens the rest of the season. I don't think the other teams can make up the amount of points needed to catch up.That's what was talked about on the radio tonight. Now it comes down to the final games for SW & Mercer, & their opponents. Do out of state wins or losses count in the scoring system? What a whacky year for football.
-
Pulaski Co./Lincoln Co. predictions
The scary part about this PC team is they are yet to play a complete game. If they can put 4 Qtrs together tonight it will be a Maroon victory. I know Lincoln has a great defense but I don't think they have faced a team w/ this much speed & talent. This is waaayyy more than just a 2 man team. If the Patriots come out to just stop those 2 it could mean a HUGE game for Claiborne &, or, Barnett. I'm sticking w/ the Maroons in this one: PC 34 LC 24. Go Maroons!!!
-
Who has the most improved team so far?
I was looking @ Pulaski's scores from last year's Varsity, JV, & Freshman games. PC was a combined 3-15 and was beaten badly ALOT. They even had to cancel the Freshman season after 3 games because of not having enough players. This year PC is a combined 17-0, w/ Varsity, JV, & Freshman. The JV team, made up of mostly frosh, has outscored it's opponents 254-52 in 7 games! I don't think there is another school in this state w/ that big of a turn around in 1 season. Let's hope the Maroons can keep it up this Friday night @ Lincoln. No matter what happens from now on, this will be a season these kids will never forget!