Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset @ Cawood

Somerset at Cawood 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Somerset at Cawood

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Cawood playing last home game in school history. This will be a very emotional game for them I am sure. Somerset coming off of a big game with Corbin last week.

 

What will these two bring to the field Friday and how will it go?

how many times have these two programs played????????????????????

When and who won the last meeting?

Good Luck Jumpers !!!!!

:thumb:

IN the late 90's Southwestern went to Cawood and won. The Final score was like 21- 14 even though the Warriors scored about 6 TD's that night. SO Good Luck to the jumpers this friday.

I remember hearing that game on the radio w/ SW. It was abattle for the Warriors to get anything positive going that night.

As for SHS, I don't think they will have any problem putting plenty of points up on Cawood. Cawood is just not that good of a team this year. Too much firepower from the Jumpers: SHS 55 Cawood 12.

  • Author

Cawood played Breathitt very tight this year. The record is very deceiving, with all of the emotion in this games the Jumpers better be ready to work Friday. Good Luck Jumpers!!!!!

Somerset 42-21.

Somerset-63

Cawood-17

Tough time for Cawood to play the Jumpers. SHS has an explosive offense and a chip on their shoulders after the loss to Corbin.

Maybe I have selective memory but I don't remember the game with SW you are referring to. The games with SW I do remember is when Cawood scored 7 or 8 touchdowns that weren't called back @ SW and the game got out of hand. The next year SW came to Cawood with a very good team to even things up and were ranked. Cawood was down and really struggled that year BUT stopped a two-point conversion at the end of the game to win.

 

Somerset is playing some good football and seem to be to much for the Trojans but again that is why you play the game. Maybe Cawood can give them a game for awhile. I can't wait to see Cole. He is the real deal.

I have to confirm Lungbusters selective memory of the SW/Cawood games. I was at the game and I remember the play he is talking about when the great linebacker Denny Farmer stopped the SW quarterback on the option to seal the victory.

Four of 11 posts are about SW vs. Cawood. Are the Warriors that hard up that they have to get on Somerset's posts all the time?

Good luck Jumpers, it won't be easy because this is the final regular game for Cawood as a school. That being said and the game is in the mountains, look out!

TJ Green should have a big night running the ball, I think Corbin ran for about 500 yards on Somerset, but Somerset scored 47 on a great Corbin team and that is scary. They will probably score as many as they want against the Trojans and this will probably get pretty ugly (56-12)

how many times have these two programs played????????????????????

When and who won the last meeting?

 

I think they have played them 2 times... and Cawood beat them both times... i think one score was 30 something to 6 and there 6 points came off field goals... and o yea the SW score when they played them at SW was like 40-0....I think they was a fight at the end with the coaches too...:argue:

Surely not ????? And by the way I didn't mean to call you Shirley!

 

I still can't get over the comment about the MNTS. Maybe they should quit playing YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE HARLAN ALIVE before the games. It seems people think negatively of us.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.