Everything posted by dixiezozo
-
Dixie Heights 2010
I was at the year end banquet. Didn't sound like he had any intention to retire as coach.
-
Questioning the AP
Got the stats from cincinnati.com, I think they are for regular season only so they were most likely higher after the playoffs. Reason i said it was deceiving was because if you didn't know better you would think he was actually a wide receiver. All the other positions get recognition so why not break the TE out and give them there due. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Nichols, just trying to point out how the list doesn't make sense all the time.
-
Questioning the AP
That makes sense although deceiving.
-
Questioning the AP
What even makes less sense, Nichols of Ryle made honorable mention with 22 receptions for 354 yards and 3 td while his teammate Fugate had 31 receptions for 670 yards and 7 td's. Nichols was ranked 19th at the WR spot in Northern KY and Fugate was 2nd. Have no clue what the AP looks at. :isurrender:
-
King of the Carpet Contest Final Round
6A-St. Xavier 5A-Highlands 4A-Lone Oak 3A-Somerset 2A-Fort Campbell 1A Mayfield TB - 57
-
King of the Carpet Contest Week #4
5-Bowling Green 3-Trinity 3-Mayfield 1-Lone Oak 1-Boyle County 1-Paducah Tilghman 1-Somerset 1-Fort Campbell 1-Prestonsburg 1-Lexington Christian TB - 62
-
King of the Carpet Contest Week #3
5-Prestonsburg 3-Henry Clay 3-Sheldon Clark 1-Henderson County 1-Lone Oak 1-Marion County 1-Somerset 1-Boyle County 1-Green County 1-Newport Central Catholic TB - 46
-
Dixie/Highlands Predictions
Is there another way for Dixie to win that we don't know about.:confused:
-
King of the Carpet Contest Week #2
5-Male 3-Bowling Green 3-Simon Kenton 1-Henderson County 1-Christian County 1-Paducah Tilghman 1-Sheldon Clark 1-Green County 1-Corbin 1-Bellevue TB - 47
-
Playoff Regional Pick 'Em Contest (Round #2)
ops
-
Dixie/Highlands Predictions
"Believe me, trust her source. It's 7:30." "Never doubt Henry!!!!!! " Too funny. Birds fans love to hear themselves talk so much they post before they even get the facts right.:banana:
-
Dixie Heights 41 Ashland 14
The short field came on both of Ashlands scores. Dixie turned the ball over twice inside the 20. One on a muffed punt and the other on a fumble. Ashlands scoring drives had a combined total of 30-35 yards. Other than a few passes Ashland didn't move the ball.
-
I Still Haven't Won a Contest! Contest
Game1 Winner:Conner Game2 Winner:Fern Creek Game3 Winner:Ashland Game4 Winner:Jeffersontown Game5 Winner:Russell
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
I think I'm going to go with the due theory. Ashland has only lost once and are due to lose, Dixie has lost 2 in a row that they should of won so they are due to win. Dixie wins in a close battle on the due theory. :idunno:
-
King of the Carpet Contest Week #1
5-Danville 3-Fern Creek 3-Bullitt Central 1-Scott County 1-Owensboro 1-Ashland Blazer 1-Pulaski County 1-Rockcastle County 1-Sheldon Clark 1-Bethlehem TB - 52
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
Dixie was playing right with Highlands until the 5 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. Turnovers by Dixie and a quick 21 points by Highlands pretty much did them in. I think Dixie pretty much packed it in at that point. Dixie's capable of playing with the best of them if they could limit the turnovers and penalty's that have stopped them in their tracks.
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
Is it true that Putnam stadium got the new field turf.
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
Dixie runs a spread offense that puts up a ton of yards, but have had problems with the turnovers. Even Highlands yielded almost 400 yards of offense to Dixie, but could only muster 9 points because of turnovers.
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
I don't know if Ashland has faced an offense like Dixie runs and I know it's going to be a struggle for Dixie against the high power run offense of Ashland. I see a lot of points on the board on this one.
-
Boone County 28 Dixie 21
1st half Boone ate up a lot of clock with the run. 2nd half Dixie moved the ball inside the 15 3 times. 2 fumbles and a pass out on the flats that was incomplete on 4th and less than 1.
-
Boone County 28 Dixie 21
Turnovers and bad play calling did Dixie in.:madman:
-
Question for officials
I guess you want to ignore that I acknowlege that Dixie players move out of the box. What I said was the in the excitement of the moment the players move up. That happens on both sides of the field just about every game. But only Dixie got warnings Friday. Both warning and inforement came on big Dixie plays down their side line because they were excited about the play. I would venture to guess on a few of the big Cov Cath plays Cov Cath players were doing exactly the same thing Dixie players were doing.
-
Question for officials
Bingo. Except one could argue that it kind of did rob them of a win. Final score 39-34, add those 6 points and the out come is just a tad different. And yes i realize that the game most likely would of been played out different had those 6 points held. In a close game those points were huge.
-
Question for officials
You only know that dixie players were out of the box because of the camera's. In the excitement of the game the players move up, I'm pretty sure that goes for both sides. My point about the Cov Cath coaches was to demonstrate that the 2 refs didn't quite call the sideline violation the same way. Only dixie recieved the warning while Cov Cath recieved none. I was told that the officials applied the penalty wrong and i believe that's what ended up causing them to be suspended for this week.
-
Question for officials
And if you watched the game you would see Cov Cath coaches in the box and on the field all night so it really wasn't called even. I would even venture to guess that players were in the box but since the cameras were on dixie side we really can't say for sure. Like I said in an earlier post it's not that the call was made, but that the proper inforcement wasn't made. The penalty should of been tacked onto the extra point or on the kick-off. If there were so many warnings to both teams about this rule you would think the refs would know how to enforce the penalty.