Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2010

Featured Replies

What does Dixie Heights need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be curious to see how the offense changes with Pike moving to qb. He was a very nice weapon out wide at 6'5 230.

I'll be curious to see how the offense changes with Pike moving to qb. He was a very nice weapon out wide at 6'5 230.

 

 

To slow to be a real threat at WR. QB is the better fit, IMO.

To slow to be a real threat at WR. QB is the better fit, IMO.

 

He did well in the slot on the drag. Not a burner but a big target who ran well after the he caught the ball.

 

I think he has a chance to be a very good qb who will interest some folks with his size.

He did well in the slot on the drag. Not a burner but a big target who ran well after the he caught the ball.

 

I think he has a chance to be a very good qb who will interest some folks with his size.

 

 

 

DHHS inside wr for most of their sets is their TE and he was dragging and that is a hot route. So,when Wilson read the blitz correctly he would hit the hot running in behind it. If you do that there is a lot of open space to run in.

Dixie may well attempt to use him in the passing game similarly to how they used Ryle's Nichols - spread him out wide where he frequently drew (much smaller) single coverage. Worked numerous times for Ryle this year. If the D pulls the safety way over to that side to help out, then it opens up lanes in the middle.

Dixie may well attempt to use him similarly to how the used Ryle's Nichol - spread him out wide where he frequently drew (much smaller) single coverage. Worked numerous times for Ryle this year. If the D pulls the safety way over to that side to help out, then it opens up lanes in the middlel

 

No, he'll be the qb.

Dixie may well attempt to use him similarly to how the used Ryle's Nichol - spread him out wide where he frequently drew (much smaller) single coverage. Worked numerous times for Ryle this year. If the D pulls the safety way over to that side to help out, then it opens up lanes in the middlel

 

 

Pike will be the starting QB no doubt.

Oh. We'll then he should think about throwing to himself.

The lines will probably be the biggest question marks heading into the 2010 season. Offensively, Pike is set at QB. He's big, has a strong arm, and he has good mobility for a guy his size. The only real negative with Pike is that he's still raw. He's only been playing QB for 2 years now. I hope Mr. Preston is around to help work with him. I would expect them to run the same offense they have for years now. They'll have Leonard back as the primary receiver with Bruns in the backfield. They also have some guys returning that saw time at wideout last year. Defensively, they return some guys with experience at the DB, safety, and linebacker spots. However, they have to get bigger, and they have to tackle better.

Pike will start at QB and he will be a force there. His biggest asset will be his size and strength. I liken him style wise to Rothlisberger (please do not presume I am saying he is anywhere as good as Rothlisberger). Big, tough to bring down and that allows receivers to get open. Good scrambler with a strong arm.

 

As to the biggest challenge, here is an outsider's view. The biggest challenge will be team chemistry and discipline. Dixie appears to me to be an undisciplined team and has been so for the last few years. It shows in play on the field and it shows in body language and interaction between teammates. Spritzky needs to tighten down and find some ways to build positive team chemistry. If he does that and gets the team focused, there is enough talent there to have good seasons the next couple of years for sure. Dixie fans please jump in but that is how it looks to this outsider.

From what I saw and from talking to some people with the team the biggest question is going to be the line on both sides of the ball. I hear there is some potential but only time will tell. I think they will have talent at the skilled positions.

How many of their starting linemen are going to be graduating this year?

 

I'm no expert on Dixie football by any stretch, but from my limited observation, they seem to bring up "squads" year by year in their offensive and defensive lines. I can recall in years past when they'll graduate virtually all of their o-line or d-line, or even both.

 

Obviously continuity can be difficult in any kind of 4-year program, but I just seem to recall several occasions where Dixie loses a whole lot of position experience and has to replace it with all new faces the next year. Can any Dixie fans weigh in on this?

Just an outsiders view on the topic but I think your best option at QB next year is your starting point guard this year. I'd guess that the basketball staff may have some reservations (as they should with Zeke) but if I were the FB coach, I'd be recruiting Brandon Hatton.

Just an outsiders view on the topic but I think your best option at QB next year is your starting point guard this year. I'd guess that the basketball staff may have some reservations (as they should with Zeke) but if I were the FB coach, I'd be recruiting Brandon Hatton.

 

Interesting. I saw him wearing a Bandits sweatshirt recently. Is that a local youth team?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.