Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 28 Dixie 21

Featured Replies

Turnovers and bad play calling did Dixie in.:madman:

Much needed win for Boone.

That's a shocker. I thought Dixie would handle Boone Co. pretty easily.

  • Author

1st half Boone ate up a lot of clock with the run. 2nd half Dixie moved the ball inside the 15 3 times. 2 fumbles and a pass out on the flats that was incomplete on 4th and less than 1.

I'm suprised by the score, thought the Colonels would win this one. Boone heads to Louisville to face St. X, Dixie will be traveling to Ashland.

I'll tell you what these two teams baffle me..:confused:

It's about that time of year for the Dixie flop!!!

Any stats?

There's something with playing BC that Dixie struggles with. I don't think the play calling could be any worse than last year's matchup. They ran maybe 5 different plays last year. I assume the weather might have played a role in their lack of offense tonight as the wind was pretty rough all night.

Based on the game article, it looks like Dixie had every opportunity to win this game. They fumbled inside the 20 twice, with the last one coming with just over 2 minutes left in the game. Boone drove down the field and scored with just over a minute to go, on a pass. Charles Q had 270 yards on 40 carries.

Not surprised by this. Dixie's D is simply incapable of stopping teams.

From everything I've heard about Dixie, this was supposed to be one of there best teams ever. Boones had a couple of good games this year, but, for the most part, has not played well. This one surprises me a bit, although, I knew Boone was capable of winning, if it played a solid game...

From everything I've heard about Dixie, this was supposed to be one of there best teams ever. ..

 

I'd say overall its been a disappointing year for Dixie.

From everything I've heard about Dixie, this was supposed to be one of there best teams ever. Boones had a couple of good games this year, but, for the most part, has not played well. This one surprises me a bit, although, I knew Boone was capable of winning, if it played a solid game...

 

That's a stretch, and I do not know who was saying that. I do know that more was expected from this team. Going into the season, they returned 20 starters, but they had question marks. They didn't have a go-to receiver or one that could go over the middle. Defensively, they lacked size and speed. Now that the regular season is over, the offense did play fairly well. Wilson still didn't seem to have that go-to receiver, and the only one that could go across the middle only played sparingly on offense (Pike). Defensively, they were a disappointment. They just couldn't tackle. Next week, they need to put together their best game of the season if they want to beat Ashland.

Dixie just can't seem to fix the turnover problem. That seems to be the biggest problem this year. You can not turn the ball over in game after game and expect to win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.