Coach Cal thanks ESPN for keeping his team focused since the Indiana loss

SvFan4life

Said that with ESPN showing that Indiana last second shot over ans over it has kept his tem humble and focused over the course of the season and it still makes the team upset for how they let it happen. Davis said he hates it but uses it as motivation and Jones says that he just turns off the television every time it comes on.

If we end up winning it all I will thank ESPN as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said that with ESPN showing that Indiana last second shot over ans over it has kept his tem humble and focused over the course of the season and it still makes the team upset for how they let it happen. Davis said he hates it but uses it as motivation and Jones says that he just turns off the television every time it comes on.

Guess it would be too much to ask that the UK fan base take the same approach with that damned Laettner shot.

Do you start?

Guess it would be too much to ask that the UK fan base take the same approach with that damned Laettner shot.

We should thank ESPN for keeping the 92 team motivated for the past 20 years?

Do you read what you post, or do you have a an automatic "disparage UK fans" button that you hit to make this nonsense up?

I tend to agree with this sentiment. For a few years after that game I held a lot of dislike of Duke and CBS (for replaying it constantly). But eventually, probably after beating them in 1998, I started to realize it was just a great game between two great teams and the team with the ball last won. I'm still not a Duke fan, but for the same reasons I don't care for Indiana, Louisville, or Carolina - I consider them something of a rival. But I've moved well beyond the Laettner shot and I believe many people's health would be better if they would do the same!

I understand their feelings and I like how they use it as motivation. ESPN has to show the shot with the commercial though. The Indiana shot is the most important shot of the season. It would be a disservice to college basketball to not show it along side of other great buzzer beaters and moments from the season.

Kudos to the UK team for turning a negative into a positive. That's what you want a team to do.

Honestly, as a fan, this hasn't bothered me at all. I don't think its been shown more or less than any other big play this year.

The one that HASN'T been shown enough is Davis' block vs UNC.

Well it is on a commercial. If you are talking about strictly highlights then I agree.