March 5, 201214 yr Heard Crean was tweeting about that shot as of yesterday. That's funny to me. Dude needs to move on, but I guess that shot was pretty much IU's season. To funny.
March 5, 201214 yr Heard Crean was tweeting about that shot as of yesterday. That's funny to me. Dude needs to move on, but I guess that shot was pretty much IU's season. To funny. IU has defeated three top 5 teams this year. You also can't deny the effect of beating UK has on their season AND that is the biggest shot made all season in college basketball. Downplay it all you want. That shot was huge.
March 5, 201214 yr I understand their feelings and I like how they use it as motivation. ESPN has to show the shot with the commercial though. The Indiana shot is the most important shot of the season. It would be a disservice to college basketball to not show it along side of other great buzzer beaters and moments from the season. Kudos to the UK team for turning a negative into a positive. That's what you want a team to do. Spot on.
March 5, 201214 yr IU has defeated three top 5 teams this year. You also can't deny the effect of beating UK has on their season AND that is the biggest shot made all season in college basketball. Downplay it all you want. That shot was huge. I don't know. The Austin Rivers one is better from my vantage point, because Duke/UNC is a bigger rivalry, more eyes were watching it, it was on the road & also because of the huge comeback. But the IU one is second, for sure.
March 5, 201214 yr IU has defeated three top 5 teams this year. You also can't deny the effect of beating UK has on their season AND that is the biggest shot made all season in college basketball. Downplay it all you want. That shot was huge. Sure, but if Crean is playing it up right now? He's got better things to be doing.
March 5, 201214 yr I don't know. The Austin Rivers one is better from my vantage point, because Duke/UNC is a bigger rivalry, more eyes were watching it, it was on the road & also because of the huge comeback. But the IU one is second, for sure. I only rate the Indiana shot as more important because without that shot UK is flirting with an undefeated season. If UK wins out that shot could keep this team from being listed amongst some of the greatest ever teams. But if you want to say Austin's shot is better then who am I to argue.
March 5, 201214 yr Sure, but if Crean is playing it up right now? He's got better things to be doing. I don't argue with that sentiment. I also understand that the UK win is Crean's biggest win ever most likely. He's in Indiana. Let the man live. :lol:
March 5, 201214 yr I only rate the Indiana shot as more important because without that shot UK is flirting with an undefeated season. If UK wins out that shot could keep this team from being listed amongst some of the greatest ever teams. But if you want to say Austin's shot is better then who am I to argue. :lol: If UK goes on to win out, then I'll definitely agree on the IU shot being bigger. If not, I have to go Rivers.
March 5, 201214 yr :lol: If UK goes on to win out, then I'll definitely agree on the IU shot being bigger. If not, I have to go Rivers. Fair enough. :thumb:
March 5, 201214 yr Fair enough. :thumb: And if UK were to run the table, it would be very interesting that the school that kept them from going undefeated was the last school that went undefeated.
March 5, 201214 yr I don't argue with that sentiment. I also understand that the UK win is Crean's biggest win ever most likely. He's in Indiana. Let the man live. :lol: Yeam im sure that Final Four meant nothing...
March 5, 201214 yr IU has defeated three top 5 teams this year. You also can't deny the effect of beating UK has on their season AND that is the biggest shot made all season in college basketball. Downplay it all you want. That shot was huge. Bigger than Rivers shot over UNC? Come from behind win, by a freshman, in the biggest College Basketball rivalry. During primetime. *Sorry, replied before I realized their was a second page haha!
March 5, 201214 yr Yeam im sure that Final Four meant nothing... Pretty sure he's talking about Indiana....
March 5, 201214 yr Yeam im sure that Final Four meant nothing... He had to get to that one Final Four to get to Indiana.
March 5, 201214 yr And if UK were to run the table, it would be very interesting that the school that kept them from going undefeated was the last school that went undefeated. That's very ironic.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.