Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA warns schools to be wary over top recruit Muhammad's eligibility

Featured Replies

According to Matt Jones over at KSR. This really isn't new news...just new to the public.

 

 

I understand that, and also know that it shouldn't impact any of the schools and this is dealing with dealings outside of the recruiting process, but I just don't think it's worth the risk if you have suitable other options, and UK does.

I understand that, and also know that it shouldn't impact any of the schools and this is dealing with dealings outside of the recruiting process, but I just don't think it's worth the risk if you have suitable other options, and UK does.

 

I'm definitely not going to argue with you there. If we get Nerlens we are going to be in good shape no matter what happens with guys like Gilchrist or Lamb.

 

I'm excited about Goodwin and Poythress.

Once again............In Cal we trust. I'm sure he knows this situation from top to bottom and will leave no stone unturned. Cal is "plugged" in to ALL things college basketball.

After thinking about it some, I say go at him full force. If they declare him ineligible, we haven't lost anything except for a scholarship. And since Cal doesn't seem to carry a full roster of scholarship players anyway, what can that hurt?

I'm excited about Goodwin and Poythress.

 

Agree on both guys, but especially on Poythress.

After thinking about it some, I say go at him full force. If they declare him ineligible, we haven't lost anything except for a scholarship. And since Cal doesn't seem to carry a full roster of scholarship players anyway, what can that hurt?

 

That's a great point.

In defense of the NCAA, it seems they're out in front of a situation for once. No school can say they were unaware.

From what I've gathered regarding this, it's more closely related to the John Wall situation than Enes Kanter. Possible suspension of some games, but nothing major. Of course that's just based off of what is known at this time.

After thinking about it some, I say go at him full force. If they declare him ineligible, we haven't lost anything except for a scholarship. And since Cal doesn't seem to carry a full roster of scholarship players anyway, what can that hurt?

 

I was getting ready to post the same thing. Worst case is another Kanter situation. Scholarships shouldn't be an issue next year. I'd rather UK have an ineligible Shabazz on the bench than another school have him.

In defense of the NCAA, it seems they're out in front of a situation for once. No school can say they were unaware.

 

That's a good point. Of course, a lot of fans will point to the Derrick Rose situation, where he was twice cleared to play & then later ruled to have forfeited his amateur status. Because of that, some UK fans are saying we need to back off, and they may be right. I say go after him though. It's worth the gamble. :lol:

From what I've gathered regarding this, it's more closely related to the John Wall situation than Enes Kanter. Possible suspension of some games, but nothing major. Of course that's just based off of what is known at this time.

 

I was thinking along those lines too...but maybe more like Josh Selby. Who knows?

 

I think Evan Daniels said he felt like, at the end of the day, Shabazz will be able to play college ball.

After thinking about it some, I say go at him full force. If they declare him ineligible, we haven't lost anything except for a scholarship. And since Cal doesn't seem to carry a full roster of scholarship players anyway, what can that hurt?

 

 

That's exactly what I did. I reacted, then I thought about it and was like hell this looks like an opportunity if any thing. Worst case scenario is he's another Kanter and I think we'd all be ok with that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.