Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw

Featured Replies

The draw in the 9th region has to be one of the most interesting in years. With #1 Boone County and #2 Dixie Heights both losing their district final game and Covington Catholic also on the losers side of the draw, there are going to be some very tough first round games in the regional.

 

In fact, if you were Newport Central Catholic, you almost have to wonder if it would be better to lose the district final versus Highlands. If NCC wins, they will draw one of these teams in the regional - Boone County, Dixie Heights or Covington Catholic. If NCC loses, they will draw Holmes, Cooper or Lloyd in round one. Of course NCC is going to try and win tonight, but if I were NCC I wouldn't play McDonald tonight unless he is 95% healed. Why risk him getting injured in a game that you are arguably better off losing than winning?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be that big upset Highlands has been looking for!!! :D

There was a soccer coach in Louisville who lost the district final which many assumed on purpose because he sat ten starters, then went on to win the regional.

Honestly I think its a disgrace if you purposely lose a game no matter what it means for the future. Thats unsportsmanlike and you don't deserve to coach after that game. Regardless you have to say Holmes if biggest loser in the draw because they can draw Dixie or Boone in the first round, both of which they lost to by 10+ points.

Doesn't matter who draws who. You're gonna have to win three tough games, regardless.

 

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for some 9th region tourney action!

  • Author
Doesn't matter who draws who. You're gonna have to win three tough games, regardless.

 

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for some 9th region tourney action!

 

 

Would you rather have to beat Dixie, Boone, NCC or Highlands, Cooper, Lloyd? Yes, the champ will have to beat three good teams but it does make a difference who you draw. There isn't one team in the regional that wants to play Dixie in round one.

Would you rather have to beat Dixie, Boone, NCC or Highlands, Cooper, Lloyd? Yes, the champ will have to beat three good teams but it does make a difference who you draw. There isn't one team in the regional that wants to play Dixie in round one.

 

Drawing Highlands would be the plus for Holmes, obviously, and staying away from Dixie in the 1st round helps, but you probably are going to have to beat them anyway. Holmes looked awful against Dixie in the regular season, regardless of foul trouble, they were outplayed. This is the worst matchup for Holmes because they can't score with them offensively unless Dixie turns the ball over on the press. I would play the 'dogs in a zone and make them beat me shooting the 3. If Holmes shoots well from 3 they will beat anyone in the 9th, but that hasn't been their M-O.

Most probably saw the semi's of region being Holmes, NCC, Boone, and Dixie. Well, with what has transpired, those could be 2 first round match ups this year.

Would you rather have to beat Dixie, Boone, NCC or Highlands, Cooper, Lloyd? Yes, the champ will have to beat three good teams but it does make a difference who you draw. There isn't one team in the regional that wants to play Dixie in round one.

 

Obviously it'd be nice to avoid Boone or Dixie until the finals, but whether you play them in the first round or finals, you're still likely going to have to beat them if you wanna go down state.

 

I'd personally like to have the following as a Holmes fan:

 

Holmes v Highlands

Lloyd v Boone

 

The only team in the region tourney that I'm not too confident about Holmes' chances against is Dixie.

Obviously it'd be nice to avoid Boone or Dixie until the finals, but whether you play them in the first round or finals, you're still likely going to have to beat them if you wanna go down state.

 

I'd personally like to have the following as a Holmes fan:

 

Holmes v Highlands

Lloyd v Boone

 

The only team in the region tourney that I'm not too confident about Holmes' chances against is Dixie.

 

I agree with you Walter, I think Dixie is the one team that can give the Bulldogs real problems. I think they can beat everyone else besides Dixie as this point. But who knows, regionals are different than regular season, much more aggression and heart.

District Winners:

Cooper

Lloyd

Holmes

NCC

 

District Losers:

Dixie

Boone Co.

Cov. Cath.

Highlands

District Winners:

Cooper

Lloyd

Holmes

NCC

 

District Losers:

Dixie

Boone Co.

Cov. Cath.

Highlands

 

So now we have the winner and loser bracket set, when is the draw? Anybody?

So now we have the winner and loser bracket set, when is the draw? Anybody?

 

tomorrow sometime...

tomorrow sometime...

 

Tomorrow morning.

I seen that tri state internet sports radio will videocast the draw again. I love watching it. So glad they do this.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.