Former Bracken County Player Passes Away

Sad news out of Bracken County today. Levi Appelman, 21 years old passed away today. He graduated from Bracken County in 2008. His loss has hit the Bracken County/ Augusta community hard, just a day after Augusta's near miracle upset of Mason County. Mr. Appelman had recently celebrated his son's first birthday.

Puts things in perspective. Augusta/ Bracken County was grieving over a loss they should have won last night, but today realized that loss wasn't so important in the grand scheme of things. Send a prayer up for Levi's family.

Thank you to everyone's kind words today. But it was Levi's daughter, Kenason Bentley; who just celebrated her first birthday. And he was a 2009 graduate. (not complaining about the mixup though). He had just attended the Augusta/Mason game to watch his younger cousin; Dalton Appelman play for the Augusta Panthers. He was so proud of Dalton and he always let everyone know that Dalton was more of a little brother to him. Dalton is really struggling to deal with his death. Dalton is my son; and we are so appreciative of all the calls and visits we have received today. Players from almost every school around us have text or called Dalton. Our Augusta team is a family and we love our boys and everyone at our school. Levi's visitation will be Sunday 4-9 at St. Augustine Church in Augusta with the burial mass being at 10 am on Monday. Please keep our family in your prayers and please tell those you love that you love them everyday.

Thank you to everyone's kind words today. But it was Levi's daughter, Kenason Bentley; who just celebrated her first birthday. And he was a 2009 graduate. (not complaining about the mixup though). He had just attended the Augusta/Mason game to watch his younger cousin; Dalton Appelman play for the Augusta Panthers. He was so proud of Dalton and he always let everyone know that Dalton was more of a little brother to him. Dalton is really struggling to deal with his death. Dalton is my son; and we are so appreciative of all the calls and visits we have received today. Players from almost every school around us have text or called Dalton. Our Augusta team is a family and we love our boys and everyone at our school. Levi's visitation will be Sunday 4-9 at St. Augustine Church in Augusta with the burial mass being at 10 am on Monday. Please keep our family in your prayers and please tell those you love that you love them everyday.

Thank you the further information. I know your son, and I know how hard he and the entire Augusta/ Bracken County community is taking the loss. Just a bad situation that I hate for anyone to have to deal with. Prayers your way from Pendleton County.