What recession?

dmderringer10

I'm not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm so sick of hearing everyone complain about the recession. I went to to a mall in Cincinnati Saturday and drove around for 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. When we finally got one we went and tried to get a table to eat and there was a 2 hour wait. So we just walked around the mall and every store was packed.

On the way home Sunday we drove by the Fayette mall and it was more of the same.

If we are really in a recession people should consider spending their money more wisely...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want some real information about how bad the recession still is, you need only talk to anyone - literally anyone - involved in the construction industry. It's a scary place.

Winner!. Some of these people have no idea how bad it is in the Construction industry. Like you said, it's really scary. And has been for a really long time now and really no turn around in the near future.

I'm not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm so sick of hearing everyone complain about the recession. I went to to a mall in Cincinnati Saturday and drove around for 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. When we finally got one we went and tried to get a table to eat and there was a 2 hour wait. So we just walked around the mall and every store was packed.

On the way home Sunday we drove by the Fayette mall and it was more of the same.

If we are really in a recession people should consider spending their money more wisely...

It's tax season. People spend like crazy from mid february til late April. Wouldn't be surprised if those with full times job(and small families)spend as much during that two month period as they do in the two months leading up to Christmas. Keep in mind that the people getting those large tax returns that you're constantly seeing out at the malls probably aren't the people that are on unemployment and struggling to find a job.

So your judging the state of the economy based solely on your wait in line to eat and how many cars are in the parking lot at the mall?

Sorry, but if you want be the believe the economy is really as bas as people make it out to be there shouldn't be a 2 hour wait anywhere to eat and I shouldn't have to drive a round a mall for 20 minutes looking for a place to park.

If people want to complain about the economy then maybe they should look at themselves first and use their money a little more wisely.

Sorry, but if you want be the believe the economy is really as bas as people make it out to be there shouldn't be a 2 hour wait anywhere to eat and I shouldn't have to drive a round a mall for 20 minutes looking for a place to park.

If people want to complain about the economy then maybe they should look at themselves first and use their money a little more wisely.

First off, with the bolded, I agree completely!

Secondly, if you beleive that the economy is in good shape then you don't work in sales. Everybody is undercutting everybody.

Its still rough out there man. Just wait until this hike in gas prices starts to hit. That's all we need for things to start to get real bad. Just one catalyst like gas prices, a war (Iran) or natural disaster will throw things into a real funk.