Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 52 Louisville 51

Featured Replies

I can't help but think about Miller eating the middle of that zone alive. Because if they come up to guard him, he can dump it down to Jones and Davis.

 

Yep.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but think about Miller eating the middle of that zone alive. Because if they come up to guard him, he can dump it down to Jones and Davis.

 

Which is why I've said numerous times, Syracuse doesn't worry me at all.

I disagree 1,000%......if Louisville hits wide open looks....their defense was a complete non issue. Kuric had an uncharacteristic bad game. 'Cuse allowed Gourgi to miss from 15' all day. Louisville had many open looks. They didn't fall tonight.
Thats fine, but I also saw the game and the passes inside their zone with 16 turnovers didn't help. Any time a team that hits their shots will usually win, tonite they didn't hit those shots and had a chance to win until the last failed drive and TO. Has Gourgi hit very many 15 foot jumpers?

 

So, with you disagreeing 1K% maybe on the Cuse's defense where else did the 16 TOs come from?

IMO Rick should've called his last T.O. when UL got the ball with about 15 seconds to play. I kinow that is a 50/50 decision. He said afterwards that the players knew what to do. Well, it sure didn't look like they did. Also on the free throw with about 2-3 seconds to go, UL let the Syracuse player crash the board and use up more time when he tipped it. It may not have won UL the game but it would have given them a tad more time to get up the floor. Poor FT shooting and the ineffectiveness of Russ Smith and Kuric werte major causes of the loss, too.

 

I was thinking that the whole time.

I'm honestly surprised that so many Louisville fans are considering this a moral victory.

I'm honestly surprised that so many Louisville fans are considering this a moral victory.

That's not really the vibe that I've been getting around campus.

IMO Rick should've called his last T.O. when UL got the ball with about 15 seconds to play. I kinow that is a 50/50 decision. He said afterwards that the players knew what to do. Well, it sure didn't look like they did. Also on the free throw with about 2-3 seconds to go, UL let the Syracuse player crash the board and use up more time when he tipped it. It may not have won UL the game but it would have given them a tad more time to get up the floor. Poor FT shooting and the ineffectiveness of Russ Smith and Kuric werte major causes of the loss, too.
If you watch the replay of that the cuse player was halfway down the lane before the ball hit the rim.
I'm honestly surprised that so many Louisville fans are considering this a moral victory.

 

Not anyone I know.

 

EVery UL fan I know would like the following people to jump off the 2nd street bridge. Rick, Siva, Russ..............Just to name a few.

If you watch the replay of that the cuse player was halfway down the lane before the ball hit the rim.

 

Somebody should box him out?

Not anyone I know.

 

EVery UL fan I know would like the following people to jump off the 2nd street bridge. Rick, Siva, Russ..............Just to name a few.

 

Glad I don't know you. :p

I can't help but think about Miller eating the middle of that zone alive. Because if they come up to guard him, he can dump it down to Jones and Davis.

 

Yep.
They left it open by design....in UK's case, they would absolutely make you beat them with the 3 ball.
They left it open by design....in UK's case, they would absolutely make you beat them with the 3 ball.

 

And I'll like their chances with that as well. With the way UK defends, Lamb and Miller would only need to knock down a handful of 3's and they'd be golden.

IMO Rick should've called his last T.O. when UL got the ball with about 15 seconds to play. I kinow that is a 50/50 decision. He said afterwards that the players knew what to do. Well, it sure didn't look like they did. Also on the free throw with about 2-3 seconds to go, UL let the Syracuse player crash the board and use up more time when he tipped it. It may not have won UL the game but it would have given them a tad more time to get up the floor. Poor FT shooting and the ineffectiveness of Russ Smith and Kuric werte major causes of the loss, too.
They didn't call a TO against Vandy and won...it goes both ways....easy to be an expert post game.

As someone who hates both of these teams, I found this game to be tough to watch. In fact, with about 5 minutes left in the game my wife said, "Do you want me to give the boys a bath so you can watch the rest of the game?". My response, "No, please let me do it!"

They left it open by design....in UK's case, they would absolutely make you beat them with the 3 ball.

 

I'm well aware they left it open by design. It's why I said in #28 that Dieng got as many looks from 12-15 as he wanted. They gave him the shot all night long.

 

In a hypothetical UK matchup, you still have to get the ball to that spot in order to pick apart the zone. Everything opens up once you get the ball in the middle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.