Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 52 Louisville 51

Featured Replies

As someone who hates both of these teams, I found this game to be tough to watch. In fact, with about 5 minutes left in the game my wife said, "Do you want me to give the boys a bath so you can watch the rest of the game?". My response, "No, please let me do it!"
Do you find it dissimilar to that of an SEC football game?
  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm well aware they left it open by design. It's why I said in #28 that Dieng got as many looks from 12-15 as he wanted. They gave him the shot all night long.

 

In a hypothetical UK matchup, you still have to get the ball to that spot in order to pick apart the zone. Everything opens up once you get the ball in the middle.

I agree...however I think Syracuse wouldn't allow for Miller to go to that spot...Maybe Jones. If Davis ventured out there, IMO, that would benefit Syracuse, defensively. This Syracuse team is huge, all around. Very deep as well.
I agree...however I think Syracuse wouldn't allow for Miller to go to that spot...Maybe Jones. If Davis ventured out there, IMO, that would benefit Syracuse, defensively. This Syracuse team is huge, all around. Very deep as well.

 

Maybe, but you pay too much attention to the middle man & you can open up the short corner. Don't get me wrong...Cuse plays the zone better than anyone. My point was that Rick should have utilized someone else in that middle spot. Anybody but Dieng.

Do you find it dissimilar to that of an SEC football game?

 

The NFL & NBA Drafts will tell you how they're very much dissimilar.

Three home Big East losses for the Cards---by 3 (Georgetown), 2 (Notre Dame) and 1 (Syracuse).

Three home Big East losses for the Cards---by 3 (Georgetown), 2 (Notre Dame) and 1 (Syracuse).

 

Georgetown came in and played a great game against Louisville but I'd like another crack at them. The Notre Dame and Syracuse games were eerily similar, right down to the way they ended. That annoying burn offense Notre Dame is running this year is the most frustrating thing to watch as a fan so I can only imagine what it's like to coach against it.

The NFL & NBA Drafts will tell you how they're very much dissimilar.
The NBA draft is completely different than any other draft....they draft more on potential, than merit....every year.
The NBA draft is completely different than any other draft....they draft more on potential, than merit....every year.

 

Point being...LSU/Alabama football players will play at a professional level. Syracuse/UL basketball players? Not so much.

^ Contrary to popular belief....Fab Melo, Gourgi Dieng, Wayne Blackshear, Scoop Jardine, and Kris Joseph, are all NBA players....

Some of those guys, yes. Not all of them.

 

Do you think the professional talent of Syracuse/UL is anywhere near that of Alabama/LSU?

^ Not necessarily. But you're comparing apples and pianos.

^ Not necessarily. But you're comparing apples and pianos.

 

You started the comparison. :lol:

 

People will watch the SEC football because they know a large number of those guys are going to be playing on Sundays for years to come. That's just not the case with basketball. I too was bored to tears by the game, but then again, every Syracuse game I've watched has done that. :lol:

^ Not necessarily. But you're comparing apples and pianos.

 

What UKMF said. You started the comparison. I just won the argument.

^ You went with players....the comparison I went with was conferences and defensive minded game play....year in and year out the Big East is in the discussion as the best conference. Syracuse and Louisville are year in and year out generally in the discussion for tops in the league. No argument was won, so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

^ You went with players....the comparison I went with was conferences and defensive minded game play....year in and year out the Big East is in the discussion as the best conference. Syracuse and Louisville are year in and year out generally in the discussion for tops in the league. No argument was won, so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

 

Okay, we'll go with your comparison. Year in and year out, the SEC is the best football conference. No "discussion" is needed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.