Carolina Forest, SC 83 Corbin 69

4chs

Carolina Forest looked to be the best team in the tourney last night in the Cumberland Falls Invt. Michael Strickland(Carolina Forest PG) is the best player that I have seen in a couple of years. He set the tone in the first quarter by hitting 4 out of 4 three-point attempts including a half courter at the end of the first quarter that put Corbin down 29-16. Carolina Forest shot extremely well as a team and hit 8-10 on threes in the first half and shot 60% overall.

Corbin played hard and made a nice run in the third quarter, but Strickland and 6'8" Aaron Ellis made some big plays to keep the Redhounds at bay. Strickland finished with 32 after scoring 24 in the first half and Ellis chipped in with 16 including a couple of monster slams. Ryan Tate shot the ball well for Corbin and finished with 22 and Josh Crawford added 16.

Carolina Forest improves to 6-0 and Corbin falls to 5-4.

Carolina Forest is a good squad. This was a tough match-up for the first round of your own tournament. I hope this shows the quality of the teams competing in the CFIT year in and year out. I think this also illustrates that the selection committee does not stack the brackets to insure the host school advances each year. These attributes along with the hospitality shown to all teams and fans truly make this one of the best tournament in this end of the state. Good luck this evening Hounds against St. James, SC.

Carolina Forest is a good squad. This was a tough match-up for the first round of your own tournament. I hope this shows the quality of the teams competing in the CFIT year in and year out. I think this also illustrates that the selection committee does not stack the brackets to insure the host school advances each year. These attributes along with the hospitality shown to all teams and fans truly make this one of the best tournament in this end of the state. Good luck this evening Hounds against St. James, SC.

They are a very good team. They obviously have some talent, but I was impressed by how disciplined they played and they are abviously well coached. A tough draw for the Hounds, but playing these type of teams that uncover areas you need to improve on will only help Corbin to get better. Good luck to the Hounds tonight!