Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 69 Tennessee 44

Featured Replies

What was the crazy stat they stated last night about the amount of charges UK is called for as opposed to the amount of charges UK takes? I have never heard of such a disparity. Especially considering UK is a good defensive team.

 

I think it was something like 43 called on UK versus 10 called on their opponents, or close to that. At first look it seems alarming that there is such a difference, but if you really think about it, it doesn't surprise me. We have a very athletic team and we drive to the hole hard. With that being the case, we are going to pick up more charges (seems like we have two a game). And with how hard they take it to the rack, I think a lot of times the official calls a charge when it shoudln't be, but oh well.

 

As for the number they've taken, it doesn't surprise me at all that it is so much lower. You don't see this team setting up to take a charge very often at all. And why would you when you have Anthony Davis' wingspan that can come from anywhere to block a shot.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck of a performance last night. This team is really starting to come together.

Jeronne Maymon blamed the loss on officiating :lol:

Jeronne Maymon blamed the loss on officiating :lol:
Seriously?
Seriously?

 

Here are some of Maymon's comments via John Clay of the Lexington Herald-Leader:

 

“They were probably on the phone with him,” said Maymon of the officials and Calipari.

 

Kentucky shot 27 free throws. Tennessee shot seven.

 

“Truthfully, I couldn’t tell you,” he said Maymon of the disparity. ”There were a lot of tick-tack fouls (on the Vols). We go down there (to the offensive end), we didn’t get any calls.”

Jeronne Maymon blamed the loss on officiating :lol:

 

Please say there's quotes....:lol:

And the video:

 

[video=youtube;LBf6Dhl-IPQ]

You support good teams....LOL

 

I support them because I attended both of them....LOL

 

I forgot to mention that I also attended Bellarmine and they are also #1 in their poll.

The most underrated thing in sports is John Calipari's acutally ability to coach basketball, not just recruit.

The most underrated thing in sports is John Calipari's acutally ability to coach basketball, not just recruit.

 

I couldn't agree more, but the haters are going to hate.

The most underrated thing in sports is John Calipari's acutally ability to coach basketball, not just recruit.

 

You are correct.....

The most underrated thing in sports is John Calipari's acutally ability to coach basketball, not just recruit.
No doubt. The ability to motivate highly rated kids ties in with that and is every bit about coaching. I do not care how many McDonald's All Americans you have, but to take 3 different teams to a Final 4, you have to be doing something right or know a little bit about coaching. It was not as if at UMass he was bringing in elite talent. I know, Camby ended up being great. But a lot of under the radar type talent back then.
I couldn't agree more, but the haters are going to hate.

 

Most of the haters I know hate that Cal has made UK relevant again. These same people were loving it when BCG was at the helm. Love it!

Much easier game than I thought it would be.

Much easier game than I thought it would be.

 

Very much agree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.