February 1, 201214 yr UKMustangFan Join Date:Jan 2005 Location:Tony's Tazer Team Posts:28,599 UK should win very very easily.....78-55. I hate to toot my own horn, but I was pretty close on the margin for this one.
February 1, 201214 yr I hate to toot my own horn, but I was pretty close on the margin for this one. Right, and I hate to eat. :lol::lol: Nice call though. :thumb:
February 1, 201214 yr No doubt. The ability to motivate highly rated kids ties in with that and is every bit about coaching. I do not care how many McDonald's All Americans you have, but to take 3 different teams to a Final 4, you have to be doing something right or know a little bit about coaching. It was not as if at UMass he was bringing in elite talent. I know, Camby ended up being great. But a lot of under the radar type talent back then. Every single season he gets his team to defend. He has been sucessful at UK all three years with three different type teams. That's impressive.
February 1, 201214 yr Another good win. What a drastic change of style Tennessee has had in one year. I wouldn't like it if I were a Tennessee fan. I think Martin is a MUCH better basketball coach than Pearl, but he has no real talent this year. It will always be a slow down style with him, but probably not as much as this year if he can recruit.
February 2, 201214 yr I don't like UK...at all, but I love watching this bunch play! If they like they have the last 2 games the rest of the year...call the engraver. HERESY !!!!
February 2, 201214 yr I think it was something like 43 called on UK versus 10 called on their opponents, or close to that. At first look it seems alarming that there is such a difference, but if you really think about it, it doesn't surprise me. We have a very athletic team and we drive to the hole hard. With that being the case, we are going to pick up more charges (seems like we have two a game). And with how hard they take it to the rack, I think a lot of times the official calls a charge when it shoudln't be, but oh well. As for the number they've taken, it doesn't surprise me at all that it is so much lower. You don't see this team setting up to take a charge very often at all. And why would you when you have Anthony Davis' wingspan that can come from anywhere to block a shot. Coach Cal does not believe in coaching defensive players to flop(i.e. Duke), so part of the disparity is understandable. Also, the officials are really struggling with the block/charge call more than usual this year.
February 2, 201214 yr Just to keep in grounded...let's remember who they are playing night in and night out. Their SOS is 68th. Good thing they played Kansas and UNC or their SOS would have been a lot worse.
February 2, 201214 yr Nice win for the Cats. I've seen them play several times in person this season. They are so much fun to watch!!!!! My football Shamrocks and basketball Wildcats both #1 in the nation. Basketball Shamrocks #1 in state. Life is good......... You support good teams....LOL Ha seriously, must be nice. I will certainly cheer for UK no matter what, may even pull for Trinity just so you can get the trifecta.
February 2, 201214 yr Nice win for the Cats. I've seen them play several times in person this season. They are so much fun to watch!!!!! My football Shamrocks and basketball Wildcats both #1 in the nation. Basketball Shamrocks #1 in state. Life is good......... Agreed, and for the most part that is the biggest reason for Kentucky's recent play. Lot of people were worried if Teague could actually be the guy to run a team like this and I love the progress he has made over the last month. If he can continue to lead the team this way and not get into the tournament and try to be the man, Kentucky is going to be in very good position. To not only win but to probably have him back next year as well. Although he's greatly improved I don't feel that he's NBA ready by any means.
February 2, 201214 yr Nice win for the Cats. I've seen them play several times in person this season. They are so much fun to watch!!!!! My football Shamrocks and basketball Wildcats both #1 in the nation. Basketball Shamrocks #1 in state. Life is good......... I think it was something like 43 called on UK versus 10 called on their opponents, or close to that. At first look it seems alarming that there is such a difference, but if you really think about it, it doesn't surprise me. We have a very athletic team and we drive to the hole hard. With that being the case, we are going to pick up more charges (seems like we have two a game). And with how hard they take it to the rack, I think a lot of times the official calls a charge when it shoudln't be, but oh well. As for the number they've taken, it doesn't surprise me at all that it is so much lower. You don't see this team setting up to take a charge very often at all. And why would you when you have Anthony Davis' wingspan that can come from anywhere to block a shot. Agreed this team is athletic enough that they don't need to take charge because more often than not they can still come up with a clean block.
February 2, 201214 yr I agree that officials are struggling with the block/charge call this year. It looks to me that any type of close call occuring outside that little semi-circle is being called a charge. I think the refs are subconsciously using the semi-circle as a crutch----as a line of demarcation. Just my observation.
February 2, 201214 yr I agree that officials are struggling with the block/charge call this year. It looks to me that any type of close call occuring outside that little semi-circle is being called a charge. I think the refs are subconsciously using the semi-circle as a crutch----as a line of demarcation. Just my observation. I said the same thing in another thread. The rule was put in place to help the offense (eliminating charge calls in the arc) but what has actually happened is that officials are calling MORE charges on any contact outside the arc.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.