Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jerome Simpson Indicted

Featured Replies

Exactly what I said would happen three weeks ago.

 

This has probation and no jail time written all over it. The Bengals need to resign him.

 

I agree with you they need to resign him. I think they still need to go out and get another WR though. Try to get a Reggie Wayne or a Stevie Johnson to be the #2 receiver. They can get Simpson for even cheaper now and would be a good #3 or 4 receiver to have. You can never have to many good receivers in this league. Have Green and get someone else for the #2. Then have Shipley, Simpson, and Hawkins. That could be a really good receiving corps depending on who they get as the #2.

The article says he is eligible for diversion. I have to admit many years ago I was in the diversion program, but I do not recall if propation is part of it as well as the community service, or whatever he will be ordered to do. Either way, it certainly appears he will be able to play football next year.

 

I didn't know you could use a diversion for a felony.

How much time will he get from the commish?

 

I have no clue about stuff like this. However this is his first offense correct? IMO it will be at least 2 games and probably 4.

I didn't know you could use a diversion for a felony.

That was my thinking?

There is felony diversion but in my opinion this is not the case for it. Simpson is lucky the case didn't go Federal because if it did he would be spending several years in prison if convicted.

 

Who knows what the NFL will do but he will have to miss several games.

I didn't know you could use a diversion for a felony.

 

Happens more than you would think.

I didn't know you could use a diversion for a felony.

 

I'm not knowledgable at all on the subject manner but it was weed, not crack so its really a minor felony. Plus I'm guessing its his first offense.

I didn't know you could use a diversion for a felony.

 

Can someone educate me on what this is?

Exactly what I said would happen three weeks ago.

 

This has probation and no jail time written all over it. The Bengals need to resign him.

 

Excellent call... made me look good telling my friends I trusted your word!

Can someone educate me on what this is?

 

Its usually a program similar to community service or probation but often times a includes both and may also include classes and so on and so forth.

Exactly what I said would happen three weeks ago.

 

This has probation and no jail time written all over it. The Bengals need to resign him.

 

I agree and believe he will be back as a Bengal.

After reading the article on espn and listening to sportstalk, they all seem to agree Simpson was not going to be back as Bengal even before this. Of course, they seem to be wrong more than right.

After reading the article on espn and listening to sportstalk, they all seem to agree Simpson was not going to be back as Bengal even before this. Of course, they seem to be wrong more than right.

 

ESPN has been wrong about the Bengals a lot lately. From things I have read around this area, on the radio. More importantly the things I have heard from the coaches from talking about Simpson. I definitely think they planned on trying to get Simpson back, and I still think they will. Caldwell won't be back IMO. They should still try to go get a #2 receiver and also sign Simpson back too. It would be a very good WR core with Green, #2 like a Wayne or Stevie Johnson, Shipley, Simpson, and Hawkins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.