January 11, 201214 yr "First, Sal, I'd like to thank my Lord Saviour Jesus Christ. We really put together a nice game plan today on where we thought the fish would be. Scouting is key and our scouts are the best in the business. I'd also like to thank my LINE-men. Those lines were key to my success today. And without someone to CATCH the fish as I reel them in I'm nothing. Total team effort today. We know that Lake Solomon is tough and we respect them greatly as our next opponent but as a believer of Jesus Christ we know that those fish swim just like the fish we caught today. We can catch them if we believe in ourselves and our bait and our gear. Only way to win the next battle is to believe. Praise Jesus." Funny... :thumb:
January 11, 201214 yr Hard to answer. Those men would have to understand the dynamic of television first. With all due respect one or two of them may want to be reality stars or television could have a negative impact on their faith. Their temptations are different than the ones we face today. Who knows how they would act. My point is, these guys were so intimately intertwined with God and their faith in Him, that they were open about it with all who would listen. God was real and present and personal to them. He was not some distant, mythical, imagined concept in their minds. Paul was imprisoned, stoned (with rocks thrown at him... come on... don't go there... lol), shipwrecked, beaten and yet he did not stop sharing the Gospel. I will grant you that TT and the Apostle Paul are two very different cats... but the notion of sincerely and genuinely expressing the Good News is a trait we are strongly encouraged (if not directly commanded) to do by Jesus Himself.
January 12, 201214 yr I would be interested in seeing him fail off the field in some manner just to see the public reaction and to see his response. Wow, wanting a person to fail is, well, just......Really? I think that is a lot of it. I have never chosen who I root for on the field based on what they did off of it. So you would root for OJ? Another big ole WOW!
January 12, 201214 yr ^Jim, everything even remotely mainstream puts you off. Incorrect, but thanks for playing. I really don't get why that question would bother anyone, but to each his own I guess. Something tells me you've never been made to feel an outcast, an outsider. When your last name is decidedly Eastern European ethnic growing up in a Kentucky world where everybody else is named Smith, Jones, Johnson or some other WASPy name, and it's made perfectly clear to you that "you're not one of us," maybe you'll understand. Until then, I don't expect you to appreciate it.
January 12, 201214 yr Incorrect, but thanks for playing. Something tells me you've never been made to feel an outcast, an outsider. When your last name is decidedly Eastern European ethnic growing up in a Kentucky world where everybody else is named Smith, Jones, Johnson or some other WASPy name, and it's made perfectly clear to you that "you're not one of us," maybe you'll understand. Until then, I don't expect you to appreciate it. I always thought Schue was kind of WASPy.
January 12, 201214 yr Author Wow, wanting a person to fail is, well, just......Really? So you would root for OJ? Another big ole WOW! Yeah, to see the reaction. To see if he would be given a pass by mainstream media or would he be labeled a hypocrite who gives Christians a bad name. Yep, that's what I said. I thoroughly enjoy many reality tv shows. That's what Timmy is at this point. I am 100% sure whatever failure he could have he would bounce back from it. Yeah, if OJ was released and was fit enough to play a sport I'd root for him if he was on a team I liked. I truly mean it when I say I could care less what they do off the field. With the exeption of pedophilia and child pornographers off the field activities is not a determining factor in why I like any athlete.
January 12, 201214 yr I actually own a #15 Broncos jersey....it says Marshall on the back, though.Talk about night and day.
January 12, 201214 yr If Tim makes a mistake and he will I wonder how the Press wil treat him. I reckon it would be the type of mistake. He knows Curse words, and I think he wants to be married some day and likes girls. Does he drive fast and runs a yellow light? Will he get mad at a face mask pull thats not called? We all Sin and fall short of the Glory of God.
January 12, 201214 yr Some atheistic views of Tebow: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201201/tebowing-and-tebow-talk-hits-atheist-community
January 12, 201214 yr Yeah, to see the reaction. To see if he would be given a pass by mainstream media or would he be labeled a hypocrite who gives Christians a bad name. Yep, that's what I said. I thoroughly enjoy many reality tv shows. That's what Timmy is at this point. I am 100% sure whatever failure he could have he would bounce back from it. Yeah, if OJ was released and was fit enough to play a sport I'd root for him if he was on a team I liked. I truly mean it when I say I could care less what they do off the field. With the exception of pedophilia and child pornographers off the field activities is not a determining factor in why I like any athlete. Sounds as if you know him. LOL! And I agree he would probably bounce back if he had a failure. To each his own I guess!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.