Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Tim Tebow was an Atheist

Featured Replies

  • Author
I only have four. You, Clyde, Jim, and I.

 

I haven't seen many, if any, others.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Two live Stews, pretty much everyone ever on First Take other than Skip. Just turn on ESPN or the NFL Network. Both those groups are constantly poking fun.

  • Author
^Two live Stews, pretty much everyone ever on First Take other than Skip. Just turn on ESPN or the NFL Network. Both those groups are constantly poking fun.

 

I only see TebowCenter, I mean Sportcenter so I live through Tebowmania for a week after every Tebow victory.

 

And then there is Facebook......smh. :lol:

I only see TebowCenter, I mean Sportcenter so I live through Tebowmania for a week after every Tebow victory.

 

And then there is Facebook......smh. :lol:

Don't forget Twitter.

90% of the reason I watch & pull for Tebow is his faith.

 

10% is his tenacity & will to win.

 

So the answer, at least for me personally, is no...he wouldn't be as "beloved." But I don't think I would vilify him either.

UKMF asks an interesting question in the other thread...for those that hate Tebow, would those feelings still exist if he were an atheist?

I am not on the Tebow bandwagon and it has nothing to do with his faith. It has to do with him playing for Florida in college and the Broncos now in the NFL. :lol:

 

I do think that he is adorably cute and like his personality. But I do not cheer for him.

UKMF asks an interesting question in the other thread...for those that hate Tebow, would those feelings still exist if he were an atheist?
Nope, but I admittingly don't like the type of religion he practices.

^So you don't like Romney because he's a Mormon, you don't like Tebow because he's a Christian....What religion is it "okay" for someone to believe in your book?

^So you don't like Romney because he's a Mormon, you don't like Tebow because he's a Christian....What religion is it "okay" for someone to believe in your book?
Both Mormonism and the Church of Bob Tebow are very big on mission work. Don't like it. I've said this many times on here...

 

BUT, there is a big difference between the two. I personally have no issues with Romney I just don't want to vote for him. His Mormonism is a part of that but the main reason is we don't agree on issues. Make Gary Johnson a Mormon and he still gets my vote.

Tebow is a "lightening rod" subject for a myriad of reasons. Most athletes that are "lightening rods" are villains of some kind. He is the opposite. Normally their play puts them above the rest. But his play is just down right ugly to watch -- most of the time.

 

The two things that can get people riled up is religion and politics. To many he exemplifies everything right with religion/Christianity, and to many he exemplifies everything wrong with religion/Christianity.

 

I truly believe subconsciously there are millions of people hoping that Tebow fails off the field. The on field performance will speak for itself or even out over time.

Nope, but I admittingly don't like the type of religion he practices.

 

Honest answer. :thumb:

I truly believe subconsciously there are millions of people hoping that Tebow fails off the field.

 

I would go so far as to say it's very much at the forefront of their minds. They just may not verbalize it exactly like that.

Yes he is beloved. You can probably name all 6 people here on BGP who don't like him and the 5 people nationwide who don't like him. I haven't seen anyone this universally beloved since Michael Jordan. The religious community cares about football now because of Tebow. My preacher devoted part of his sermon on Tebow trying to say the same thing you said. Who doesn't like Tebow? Everybody loves him. If Tebow wins the Super Bowl Facebook may spontaneously combust. More people blow up my news feed when Tebow wins than when UK does.

 

I am truly fascinated by the love affair people have with Tebow. Like he's the only great guy to ever play a sport.

 

 

I think it would be a very interesting dynamic if he was an atheist. I want to know what all the Tebowites on BGP would say about him if he was atheist.

 

Maybe people have finally gotten tired of the drama that is modern professional sports (I know I have) and like someone who for a change appears to be a good person on and off the field. As someone on the radio said today today, Tebow isn't famous because he facilitated dog fights or shot himself in a bar late at night and people find that refreshing.

  • Author
UKMF asks an interesting question in the other thread...for those that hate Tebow, would those feelings still exist if he were an atheist?

 

Yes. I haven't liked him since the day he committed to UF. My hate grew when he began to do the stupid jump pass his freshman year at UF. As his success at UF grew so did my hate. Had no clue about how devout he was until he was a junior. I will never like Tebow the football player. Ever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.