Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Were We Wrong About Cam Newton?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

 

(In my Cam Newton third person voice)

 

I do want to give a shout out to PurplePride92 for believing in Cam Newton after his shaky combine. PurplePride92 is quoted as saying...."I would take Cam Newton as the first qb without reservation."

 

Good call, PurplePride92. Good call.

 

 

SSC......the defense rests. You may address the jury with your closing statement.(hint.....keep it simple and just admit you were wrong about Cam.)

 

Good luck with that. Instead of admitting it, he probably will say he put up most of his stats in garbage time, and didn't win many games.

 

For the record I was definitely wrong on Newton too.

Good luck with that. Instead of admitting it, he probably will say he put up most of his stats in garbage time, and didn't win many games.

 

For the record I was definitely wrong on Newton too.

 

 

:lol:

 

It's all good. When I went back and looked at the threads I saw that SSC and I went back and forth on Cam. I had to say something. Plus I had a good buzz last night also.

I'm not a pro guy. Alabama Larry means what? The guy was a one hit wonder at Auburn whose dad broke rules and shopped him, that bothers me. And he had a really nice season, but I made my point. He lead his team to the TV set, but it is a team sport. Did I say anything that wasn't true, and I laughed at you people's comments on Bama in the pros. So who was the first 3 MVPs of the Super Bowls?..I'll wait. How many Bama QBs have won rings? You want to research Bama players in the pros and Hall Of Fame? Or do you want me to? On the All time NFL team we had 3 out of 22. As much as anybody.

 

Can't believe y'all went there without researching.

When was the last time an Alabama QB came into the league and made this big a splash; Namath?

 

:D

Big Splash? As what? I made my point about where he will be watching the playoffs.
Come on, AL. Whether they made the playoffs or not Cam has had arguably one of the top 10 rookie seasons ever in the history of the NFL. If you deny that you may as well just say that you are biased against him because he went to Auburn. And that is fine, I am biased against Tebow the Gator as an FSU fan. It's okay. Just admit it.
I agree with this post, he had a very good year. and I believe he will be very good in the future. But...
I agree with this post, he had a very good year. and I believe he will be very good in the future. But...

 

 

I can respect that. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

  • Author
I'm not a pro guy. Alabama Larry means what? The guy was a one hit wonder at Auburn whose dad broke rules and shopped him, that bothers me. And he had a really nice season, but I made my point. He lead his team to the TV set, but it is a team sport. Did I say anything that wasn't true, and I laughed at you people's comments on Bama in the pros. So who was the first 3 MVPs of the Super Bowls?..I'll wait. How many Bama QBs have won rings? You want to research Bama players in the pros and Hall Of Fame? Or do you want me to? On the All time NFL team we had 3 out of 22. As much as anybody.

 

Can't believe y'all went there without researching.

 

I think you just helped make his point. Joe and Snake seem to be the last really good Bama QBs.

A lot of Cam and Dalton debates out there. What is the Bengals record with Cam at QB and Dalton in Carolina?

:lol:

 

It's all good. When I went back and looked at the threads I saw that SSC and I went back and forth on Cam. I had to say something. Plus I had a good buzz last night also.

 

UKMF was really hard on Cam too. I notice he hasn't commented in this thread. I wonder if he still thinks Jonathan Stewart is the best player on the Panthers?

Big Splash? As what? I made my point about where he will be watching the playoffs.

 

He set the record for passing yards by a rookie QB- only rookie to ever throw for 4,000 yards. I would say that is an impact; we could compare his numbers to Greg McElroy's if you would like.

 

:D

Mad props to Cam. Watching his pre-draft workouts he was atrocious. However I have always felt the guy was just a player. Football savvy and pretty bright, so I never would have wagered money against him.

 

Sort of a tangent subject, I really believe the newer NFL rules have given rise to the high prolific offenses we see and give opportunities to guys like Cam (Matt Ryan, Bradford, Dalton, etc.) to make an early impact. This is also reflected with NFL vets.

UKMF was really hard on Cam too. I notice he hasn't commented in this thread. I wonder if he still thinks Jonathan Stewart is the best player on the Panthers?

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Jonathon Stewart.....

I think you just helped make his point. Joe and Snake seem to be the last really good Bama QBs.
Yep. but its a team game and look at out record over the years and players who have been apart of our sucess without a great QB, so my point can lead in several directions, but this thread is not about Bama, I just gave my thoughts on a Cam. Have a great New year!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.