Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on Bourbon County...?

Featured Replies

No one should be treated like Poynter was been treated by the adminstration the last 2 years. He worked his tail off to rebuild a program that he helped Coach Hilton build back in the late 90 just to get smacked in the face by the admiinstration over and over. But Poynter just kept turning the other cheek just to get it smacked. Kids are great there but adminstration is awful!!!

  • Replies 111
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From waht I hear this job has been offered to like 6 guys that have turned it down. Who wants to put themselves in a bad situation. The last coach won more games than they have in the last 15 years and then gets ran off because of one man with BIG $$$$$$

I'm sure it was a political dismissal, but its tough to prove that the true motivation was political. Its also difficult to prove people said things or violated his civil rights, not impossible, but difficult. If Johnny is non-tenured as a teacher, they don't need a reason to non-renew his contract, as they are on a year-to-year basis. Sounds like a very bad situation, I've been involved with places like that, they aren't a lot of fun to work in. I wish him the best of luck.
They tried to let him go last year but it didn't work. Also I believe he will be teaching until the end of the school year. After that he doesn't know what is going to happen because as of now he has no job.
They tried to let him go last year but it didn't work. Also I believe he will be teaching until the end of the school year. After that he doesn't know what is going to happen because as of now he has no job.

 

He has a good network of freinds who are coaches out there. He'll find something even if he is an assistant for a season is my guess. I'd say he will bide his time until the right job opens up and maybe help out with one his friends programs. That's just a guess on my part...not a rumor or fact.

From waht I hear this job has been offered to like 6 guys that have turned it down. Who wants to put themselves in a bad situation. The last coach won more games than they have in the last 15 years and then gets ran off because of one man with BIG $$$$$$

 

It has not been offered to anyone but Coach Graham. They do have someone to offer if CG turns it down. This person knows it's his if CG turns it down. He also knows he should hear today.

Edited by Rebel4life
spelling

It was not the parents or any boosters that were behind Coach Poynter leaving. Coach Poynter is a very hard working coach and will land on his feet. I believe that most people in the program wish nothing but the best for Coach Poynter. I will be rooting for him to do well wherever he ends up. Hopefully an announcement concerning the new coach will be forthcoming quickly.

I know of 4 for sure and the guy behing Graham took another job.

Heard Graham turned in down, so I guess they will move on down the list.

It's been offered to someone else.

Just heard that John Hodge is the new Colonel football coach ater several other coaches turned it down!

Just heard that John Hodge is the new Colonel football coach ater several other coaches turned it down!

Where is he from, any background on him.

Where is he from, any background on him.

 

He played for Jerry Perry at Garrard County from 1993-96. Was the head coach at Garrard Middle School for a couple years (including a conference championship) and has been an assistant at Boyle County for probably 7-8 years.

I love Coach Hodge and will miss seeing him at Guadalajara. I haven't read the article yet. I hear Coach Roe and Coach Massengill are going with him. Congratulations to Bourbon County. You have a new fan from afar. Good luck.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.