Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on Bourbon County...?

Featured Replies

Thanks, Foley turned down the job from what I understand, thus the powers that be are now focusing on Buchanan now.

 

The position is not posted so no one has turned it down or even been able to apply for that matter.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The position is not posted so no one has turned it down or even been able to apply for that matter.

Just passing along what I was told. Wasn't claiming anything I said to be fact.

Just passing along what I was told. Wasn't claiming anything I said to be fact.

 

I completey understand.:thumb:

Buchanan is from Mercer county.

 

You're absolutely correct, my error. But, his name does get thrown around when the Bourbon County job come open for some reason.

You're absolutely correct, my error. But, his name does get thrown around when the Bourbon County job come open for some reason.

 

Probably because he spent some time coaching at Paris. He is a great coach and they would be lucky to get him.

The whole thing here is just a sad testiment to how poorly the state of Kentucky (school admins.) in general treat football and especially their coaches. This is fairly typical in rural states imo. Go south of the state line and you see just how different football is viewed; especially coaches.

Knights 52, what's the latest on the Bourbon County coaching search?

The whole thing here is just a sad testiment to how poorly the state of Kentucky (school admins.) in general treat football and especially their coaches. This is fairly typical in rural states imo. Go south of the state line and you see just how different football is viewed; especially coaches.

 

While I agree with your sentiment in principle, I don't totally agree with your statement. Those states south of us are also quite rural, but they take their football seriously. The main obstacle to Kentucky football success at the county public school level is the fact that the schools that consolidated into that county school didn't play football, instead adopting the Carr Creek and Cuba ideals.

Knights 52, what's the latest on the Bourbon County coaching search?

Haven't heard much lately.

While I agree with your sentiment in principle, I don't totally agree with your statement. Those states south of us are also quite rural, but they take their football seriously. The main obstacle to Kentucky football success at the county public school level is the fact that the schools that consolidated into that county school didn't play football, instead adopting the Carr Creek and Cuba ideals.

 

You're exactly right about this. I can name several, heck, the majority of most "county" schools across the state who still don't get any participation from those communities who didn't have football before consolidation. They didn't care about it then, don't now and never will. Granted, you'll get a couple kids a year from those areas, but that's about it.

The whole thing here is just a sad testiment to how poorly the state of Kentucky (school admins.) in general treat football and especially their coaches. This is fairly typical in rural states imo. Go south of the state line and you see just how different football is viewed; especially coaches.

 

I heard Poynter has a lawyer and has a very good case against the school system. In fact he may have enough money to just coach and quit teaching when all this is over. In fact they may change the name of the new field to Poynter Field.

I heard Poynter has a lawyer and has a very good case against the school system. In fact he may have enough money to just coach and quit teaching when all this is over. In fact they may change the name of the new field to Poynter Field.

 

Did they fire him from teaching or just coaching? In coaching, they can let you go at any time for any reason. There are not the laws that protect coaches like they protect teachers.

Did they fire him from teaching or just coaching? In coaching, they can let you go at any time for any reason. There are not the laws that protect coaches like they protect teachers.

 

I have no dog in this fight. I am just curious on some things like others on here. But I was told by a good source that this firing has nothing to do with football. Just what I was told.

I have no dog in this fight. I am just curious on some things like others on here. But I was told by a good source that this firing has nothing to do with football. Just what I was told.
He was fired from teaching...which was just smoke because the Super did not like him and took advice by some in the community who did not as well. The problem is that he was not formally observed in the classroom this year to truly judge his teaching/ detention skills- he is teaching in the Alt. School. I believe he will move on to GRC or Dunbar but Bourbon will lose a civil suit on defamation of character because they made up lies to fire him because boosters and super have agendas.
I have no dog in this fight. I am just curious on some things like others on here. But I was told by a good source that this firing has nothing to do with football. Just what I was told.

I don't have a dog in it either, just curious because it makes a HUGE difference. Especially if he was tenured as a teacher.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.