December 10, 201114 yr Xavier handles the Bearcats. Let's focus here on the game and not the brawl. There is another thread started already about the fight at the end.
December 10, 201114 yr XU just had their way with UC on the offensive and defensive end. Kilpatrick was way too cold to help UC
December 10, 201114 yr Holloway is a stud, and I know Im not looking forward to seeing Dez Wells for another 3 seasons...that kid can ball.
December 10, 201114 yr From about the 5:00 minute mark of the first half, it was all X. UC had no answer for X's guards.
December 10, 201114 yr From about the 5:00 minute mark of the first half, it was all X. UC had no answer for X's guards. So far UC has had no answer for anybody.
December 10, 201114 yr I said a 12 point win for X just because its a rivalry so I thought UC would maybe keep it some what close. I guess Gates was tired of hearing GT say that UC isn't tough enough.
December 10, 201114 yr UC just doesn't play solid enough defense to overcome their shooting woes. A season that looked pretty promising at the start now beginning to look very disappointing.
December 10, 201114 yr A season that looked pretty promising at the start now beginning to look very disappointing. Couldn't agree more. Thankfully for Mick & company, it's only December. Still time to right the ship. Perhaps they can use this to turn their season around & reach the potential I believe they possess.
December 10, 201114 yr Author Dez Wells is a stud. I haven't seen much out on the floor from him but he can take it to the rack and play around the rim with anyone in the nation at the 3. If he can shoot the ball too, wow. I also was impressed with Walker for XU. Very smart player and does a great job playing his role. The Martin kid has a ton of potential as well. We'll see how the season unfolds, but this is could end up being the best Xavier team yet. UC, they played well in spurts. I thought Gates looked really good and I can definitely see him playing well at the next level. UC can play good enough defense to have a very good year. I am wondering where the points are going to come from. They just don't seem to have that go to offensive guy in the 1, 2 or 3 spots that you can count on for double digits every night.
December 10, 201114 yr Couldn't agree more. Thankfully for Mick & company, it's only December. Still time to right the ship. Perhaps they can use this to turn their season around & reach the potential I believe they possess. Going to make it really tough to turn around if your primary post player isn't around for a long period of time (perhaps the entire season).
December 11, 201114 yr Xavier looked really good today; if Holloway, Lyons, and Freese continue playing the way they did yesterday, they are going to be tough to beat. Very impressive win for the Muskies.
December 11, 201114 yr 1/16 is tough to overcome. UC got pretty good looks. Gates did OK. Needs to be way more assertive. Doesn't do a lot against big defenders. Settles for the jumper too often.
December 11, 201114 yr What's being somewhat overlooked is that X dominated UC in the game. UC at this point is not very good.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.