Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 76 Cincinnati 53

Featured Replies

What's being somewhat overlooked is that X dominated UC in the game. UC at this point is not very good.

 

UC is very average. XU is very, very good. And deep.

 

UC is going to get thrashed once they hit conference play.

UC is very average. XU is very, very good. And deep.

 

UC is going to get thrashed once they hit conference play.

 

Yep. And the question remains. Is Mick Cronin the answer at UC? And when does his seemingly pass go away? They're getting far enough away from the Huggs debacle to quit using that as a crutch. What's going on up there shouldn't be tolerated by the administration, alumni, and general fan base.

  • Author
The shock of the day was seeing Redford go to the hoop.

 

The stat posted after he made that shot has to be one of the more amazing stats I have heard recently. I may be off a little on the numbers, but I believe they said Redford has 118 field goals in his career and that is only the 8th one that wasn't a 3 pointer.

Yep. And the question remains. Is Mick Cronin the answer at UC? And when does his seemingly pass go away? They're getting far enough away from the Huggs debacle to quit using that as a crutch. What's going on up there shouldn't be tolerated by the administration, alumni, and general fan base.

 

Coming back from ground zero in the toughest basketball conference in the country would be a tough task for John Wooden. I think there has been some progress, though not as much as may have been expected at this point. Once the conference is weakened due to realignments, I think UC will fare much better, though I'm not sure that's much of a selling point for keeping Cronin in his position.

Coming back from ground zero in the toughest basketball conference in the country would be a tough task for John Wooden. I think there has been some progress, though not as much as may have been expected at this point. Once the conference is weakened due to realignments, I think UC will fare much better, though I'm not sure that's much of a selling point for keeping Cronin in his position.

 

The guy in Bloomington faced as dire a situation and has far and away got his program a lot farther along than than Cronin. It can be done with the right guy. Hint, Cronin ain't it

The guy in Bloomington faced as dire a situation and has far and away got his program a lot farther along than than Cronin. It can be done with the right guy. Hint, Cronin ain't it

 

While I have grown to like Cronin personally, I would agree that he's not cut out to be a big time Big East coach. That being said, the Big East will become a much-watered down version of itself over the next few years and not the BE we have all known and loved and that he could find more success at that point. Again, though, just not sure that would considered valid justification for keeping him around. Ultimately, I think Cronin is more of a MAC-level coach.

While I have grown to like Cronin personally, I would agree that he's not cut out to be a big time Big East coach. That being said, the Big East will become a much-watered down version of itself over the next few years and not the BE we have all known and loved and that he could find more success at that point. Again, though, just not sure that would considered valid justification for keeping him around. Ultimately, I think Cronin is more of a MAC-level coach.

 

Presbyterian, Marshall, and X are not in the Big East. That's where the program is. Forget about the Big East

UC is very average. XU is very, very good. And deep.

 

UC is going to get thrashed once they hit conference play.

 

I completely agree.

Saw a few funny signs yesterday.

 

One said something like "this is what a sold out arena looks like" and another said "UC likes Gold Star."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.