Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southgate House in Newport, KY is closing for good on Jan. 1

Featured Replies

There was a blog post about relocating to a vacant church near the intersection of 6th & Monmouth in Newport. It only seats about 250-300, which is half the capacity of the SGH Ballroom. Plus, there wouldn't be multiple rooms for music. I think if they want to continue the SGH vibe (which includes national acts and multiple rooms) they'll need a bigger space. I think they should buy and renovate the old Thriftway store in Newport. Lots of room and plenty of off street parking.

 

It's fun spending other people's money! :D

 

ETA: Link to blog mentioned above: http://www.eachnotesecure.com/more-southgate-house-rumors/

 

I haven't been by there any time recently...but looking at this old shot of the church building, I'd bet they could get at least a +/- 400 crowd capacity in there. Count me in with you, though, as mourning the loss of the 3-venue 3-ring circus that was The Southgate House.

 

Grace United Methodist.jpg

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in. See you guys there...:banana:
I just found out that I'm able to take off the day after the concert. Should be a great time!
  • Author
I think they should see about the old Marianne theater in Bellevue.

 

That would be cool!

 

marianne.jpg

 

ETA: What's the status of this place? Is it vacant?

That would be cool!

 

[ATTACH]35059[/ATTACH]

 

ETA: What's the status of this place? Is it vacant?

 

I drove by it today and it looks vacant to me. I'd say it wouldn't be too costly to set it up very similar to the Madison theater in Covington. No way could you do 3 seperate stages though.

That would be cool!

 

[ATTACH]35059[/ATTACH]

 

ETA: What's the status of this place? Is it vacant?

 

It's been vacant for 10 or 11 years now. There would be a couple of challenges there, though.

 

1) They have a well water HVAC system (a early early early predecessor of geothermal systems). This would require a LOT of work to remove the old system and replace it with modern HVAC, as it is pretty much impossible to convert over.

 

2) There is virtually NO parking anywhere in Bellevue. This is blatantly obvious when they host their "Shop Bellevue" days there.

I drove by it today and it looks vacant to me. I'd say it wouldn't be too costly to set it up very similar to the Madison theater in Covington. No way could you do 3 seperate stages though.

 

Parking would be a major issue at the Marianne!

  • Author
It's been vacant for 10 or 11 years now. There would be a couple of challenges there, though.

 

1) They have a well water HVAC system (a early early early predecessor of geothermal systems). This would require a LOT of work to remove the old system and replace it with modern HVAC, as it is pretty much impossible to convert over.

 

2) There is virtually NO parking anywhere in Bellevue. This is blatantly obvious when they host their "Shop Bellevue" days there.

 

But it looks really cool!! :ylsuper:

 

Well, we'll just have to wait and see...

TTC and I are heading up tomorrow.We maybe hitting up the Hofbrauhaus late in the afternoon so if anyone wants to join us your more than welcome.I will post a time tomorrow afternoon.

TTC and I are heading up tomorrow.We maybe hitting up the Hofbrauhaus late in the afternoon so if anyone wants to join us your more than welcome.I will post a time tomorrow afternoon.
I can be there. Sure you still want to go? :D
I can be there. Sure you still want to go? :D

 

I might show just so I can buy you a brew.

I might show just so I can buy you a brew.
I can...for me...

 

:lol: Seriously, I can spring for a round for ya.

I can be there. Sure you still want to go? :D

Oh yea...

 

I might show just so I can buy you a brew.

 

I will buy the both of you a brew...:thumb:

If you all were good boys for Christmas, I might just show up and ruin your day as well! :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.