Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 24 Bengals 17

Featured Replies

The DBs were so scared of getting beat deep, that they gave huge cushions all day long. It was frustrating watching that very last Pitt possession. Pitt needed 5 yards to win the game, and the DBs are 10 yards off the receiver.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really worried about AJ Green's injury when I first saw it, and then when I saw him run the end-around. I guess after my surgery I'm a pessimist when it comes to knee injuries, but they way he landed I thought for sure he tore something and was going to be donezo.

Secondary played ten times better once Hall was off the field.

 

Bengals played pretty poorly in all aspects IMO. Did a lot of very uncharacteristic things, and seemed timid on offense. Oh well, they hung in there till the very end. Can't ask for much else out of such a young squad.

Scott ran the ball well on limited touches. I'd like to see if he could carry a little more of the load.

Secondary played ten times better once Hall was off the field.

 

Bengals played pretty poorly in all aspects IMO. Did a lot of very uncharacteristic things, and seemed timid on offense. Oh well, they hung in there till the very end. Can't ask for much else out of such a young squad.

 

It's called that they made adjustments at halftime for why the secondary played better. I mean the Bengals have done that all year long, with the defense making good adjustments at halftime. Losing Hall for the year really will hurt, even though he did struggle in the first half. If he did not get hurt, I believe he would have done much better too after the adjustments.

They got off to a bad start, which did hurt. I loved how they fought back though, and tied it up. They gave theirselves a chance to win the game still and that is what matters. We did all that while losing some key players, especially on offense with Green. I think even with the loss, this gives the team all the confidence in the world knowing that they definitely can beat them.

 

It sucked losing however I feel even more confident now for next weeks game against the Ravens.

It's called that they made adjustments at halftime for why the secondary played better. I mean the Bengals have done that all year long, with the defense making good adjustments at halftime. Losing Hall for the year really will hurt, even though he did struggle in the first half. If he did not get hurt, I believe he would have done much better too after the adjustments.

 

His inability to cover a 6th round pick cost them the game. I don't think they'll miss very much if PacMan is back healthy next week.

I don't think they'll miss very much if PacMan is back healthy next week.

 

I agree, but that's a big "if," especially for the rest of the season.

 

On a side note regarding the secondary, is Chris Crocker really better than Taylor Mays? How bad could Mays possibly be practicing?

I agree, but that's a big "if," especially for the rest of the season.

 

On a side note regarding the secondary, is Chris Crocker really better than Taylor Mays? How bad could Mays possibly be practicing?

 

It's not that is he practicing bad. He just has to learn the way Zim wants things done. At least that is the spin the beat writers put on it.

Speaking of halftime adjustments, why is the defense so terrible in the first halves of games?

His inability to cover a 6th round pick cost them the game. I don't think they'll miss very much if PacMan is back healthy next week.

 

So is Troy Palulou (sp.) bad too, since he had a tough time guarding an undrafted rookie who until this year could not make the NFL in Hawkins?

 

No doubt he was having a bad 1st half. However Brown is not a bad receiver at all, and have to assume that after the adjustments were made he would have done better. Yes if PacMan is healthy it will help out, however it would have helped out even more having a healthy hall and Pacman.

I agree, but that's a big "if," especially for the rest of the season.

 

On a side note regarding the secondary, is Chris Crocker really better than Taylor Mays? How bad could Mays possibly be practicing?

 

Crocker had to guard the slot guy more than normal yesterday because the Bengals only had two healthy corners after Hall went down. Usually the nickel corner is the one having to guard that guy, not the safety.

It's not that is he practicing bad. He just has to learn the way Zim wants things done. At least that is the spin the beat writers put on it.

 

Ah, makes sense.

So is Troy Palulou (sp.) bad too, since he had a tough time guarding an undrafted rookie who until this year could not make the NFL in Hawkins?

 

No doubt he was having a bad 1st half. However Brown is not a bad receiver at all, and have to assume that after the adjustments were made he would have done better. Yes if PacMan is healthy it will help out, however it would have helped out even more having a healthy hall and Pacman.

 

Polamalu is a safety best known for his tackling skills and is more of a linebacker/safety hybird. Hall is a cornerback who makes his living covering receivers--big difference.

Secondary played ten times better once Hall was off the field.

 

Bengals played pretty poorly in all aspects IMO. Did a lot of very uncharacteristic things, and seemed timid on offense. Oh well, they hung in there till the very end. Can't ask for much else out of such a young squad.

Hall may have injured his achilles with his over ambitious entrance from the tunnel yesterday.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.