Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs Transylvania

Featured Replies

I agree. His unibrow is pretty strong though. It looks in midseason form. I think it had 4 or 5 blocks. The unibrow is a beast.
That thing is ready for March.

 

I thought both Davis and Wiltjer looked weak with the ball.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. His unibrow is pretty strong though. It looks in midseason form. I think it had 4 or 5 blocks. The unibrow is a beast.

 

Don't you think his teammates would have convinced him to get that taken care of yet? lol

That thing is ready for March.

 

I thought both Davis and Wiltjer looked weak with the ball.

 

Both definitely need to become more physical and stronger with the ball.

Don't you think his teammates would have convinced him to get that taken care of yet? lol

 

I think it has to be a "joke" at this point. No way someone hasn't said something to him. :lol:

Davis is going to be a shot blocking machine this year (8 last night). He did look pretty weak with the ball at times. Teague's long range jumper needs some work. 9 assists and only 2 turnovers for Teague is nice but the competition obviously wasn't that great. MKG is going to be fun to watch all year, the guy never stops. He is a stat sheet stuffer. Like MJ said, hard to read much into this game. First time with a lot of these guys in a real game.

Edited by HammerTime

Davis is going to be a shot blocking machine this year (8 last night). He did look pretty weak with the ball at times. Teague's long range jumper needs some work. 9 assists and only 2 turnovers for Teague is nice but the competition obviously wasn't that great. MKG is going to be fun to watch all year, the guy never stops. He is a stat sheet stuffer. Like MJ said, hard to read much into this game. First time with a lot of these guys in a real game.
I agree, the only real things I picked up on were the weakness with the ball displayed by Davis/Wiltjer and MKG is going to be a blast.
Don't you think his teammates would have convinced him to get that taken care of yet? lol

 

I think it has to be a "joke" at this point. No way someone hasn't said something to him. :lol:

 

Surely someone has. Road games may be awful for Davis if he doesn't start grooming that thing. I'll be disappointed if he isn't harassed about that thing during road games.

 

He looks like a muppet. Fozzie Bear or Gonzo or something.

 

A buddy of mine at work is going to a Halloween party and he is going to make a unibrow and go as Anthony Davis.

 

 

He obviously doesn't have a steady girlfriend. She'd have groomed it by now.

 

I am fascinated by The Unibrow. I almost started a thread in it. When he finally grooms it I'll post its obituary.

^ Cal agrees...

 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/03/calipari-says-kidd-gilchrist-must-start/

Former Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick star Michael Kidd-Gilchrist appears headed for a starting spot at Kentucky.

 

“I would say, looking at today, he’s a starter because you have to have him start the game,” Kentucky coach John Calipari said Wednesday, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader. “Can’t start the game like we did today.”

 

Kentucky trailed Division 3 Transylvania 11-4 before Kidd-Gilchrist went into the game at about the four minute mark. He finished with 19 points (including a dunk that made SportsCenter), seven rebounds, five assists and a block.

Surely someone has. Road games may be awful for Davis if he doesn't start grooming that thing. I'll be disappointed if he isn't harassed about that thing during road games.

 

He looks like a muppet. Fozzie Bear or Gonzo or something.

 

A buddy of mine at work is going to a Halloween party and he is going to make a unibrow and go as Anthony Davis.

 

 

He obviously doesn't have a steady girlfriend. She'd have groomed it by now.

 

I am fascinated by The Unibrow. I almost started a thread in it. When he finally grooms it I'll post its obituary.

 

I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own twitter account yet.

^ Cal agrees...

 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/03/calipari-says-kidd-gilchrist-must-start/

Former Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick star Michael Kidd-Gilchrist appears headed for a starting spot at Kentucky.

 

“I would say, looking at today, he’s a starter because you have to have him start the game,” Kentucky coach John Calipari said Wednesday, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader. “Can’t start the game like we did today.”

 

Kentucky trailed Division 3 Transylvania 11-4 before Kidd-Gilchrist went into the game at about the four minute mark. He finished with 19 points (including a dunk that made SportsCenter), seven rebounds, five assists and a block.

 

Who will he replace???

Who will he replace???

 

I would guess Miller.

I would guess Miller.

 

I agree, but if it was my decision, I'd replace Lamb.

Great article on Matthew Martin, former GRC grad and now in his second year as assistant coach at Transey:

 

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]381399960-02232018.png Matthew Martin is in his second season as an assistant coach at Transy. (Sun photo by Bo Morris)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

 

By Keith Taylor Sun Sports Editor 2:17 a.m. EDT, November 3, 2011

 

 

LEXINGTON — Matthew Martin never played at Rupp Arena, but experienced the next-best thing Wednesday night at Rupp Arena.

Martin, in his second season as an assistant coach at Transylvania, watched the Pioneers drop a 97-53 setback to second-ranked Kentucky in an exhibition game, the first meeting between the two Lexington schools in 100 years.

The former George Rogers Clark guard described the feeling of sitting on the visitors team bench at Rupp¿Arena as “surreal” after watching “so many games from the stands and coming to all kinds of (Kentucky) games growing up.”

 

 

“I felt like I was dreaming still when we got up 11-4 at the beginning of the game and made them call a quick timeout,” he said afterward. “That’s what we thought we could do at least early. We kind of knew in the back of our minds that we weren’t going to win, but we wanted to give them something they could look that could make them look a little better. When they’re playing in the Final Four in April, we can be watching and be like, ‘we were leading those guys after five minutes.’”

 

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/ws-college-basketball-martins-visit-to-rupp-a-surreal-ordeal-20111102,0,7606514.story

 

The article says Transy reached the elite eight in Division III last year. They didn't even win their conference tournament last year. It's been a long time since they were in the elite eight.

I agree. His unibrow is pretty strong though. It looks in midseason form. I think it had 4 or 5 blocks. The unibrow is a beast.
That thing may become the most famous facial hair at UK since Richie's 'stache.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.