Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas 4 St. Louis 2 Game 5 World Series

Featured Replies

LaRussa gets a guy thrown out at 2nd, down 2 in the 9th. Seriously? Wow!!!!

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWICE he vacated 1st base with Pujols either at the plate or coming up.

 

Can you say "Intentional Walk"????

  • Author

Rumor has it that Pujols was already on the plane before Berkman struck out. :lol:

In the last 9 WS that were tied 2-2 the LOSER of game 5 went on to win the WS 6 times.

Did LaRusa bring in a pitcher to issue an intentional walk and then replace him? I wasn't watching real close at that time but that is what I thought I saw.

  • Author
In the last 9 WS that were tied 2-2 the LOSER of game 5 went on to win the WS 6 times.

 

Of the 3 that won Game 5, and went on to win the World Series, how many went to a 7th game, and who were those 3 teams?

  • Author
Did LaRusa bring in a pitcher to issue an intentional walk and then replace him? I wasn't watching real close at that time but that is what I thought I saw.

 

Yes.

Did LaRusa bring in a pitcher to issue an intentional walk and then replace him? I wasn't watching real close at that time but that is what I thought I saw.
Only move he got right all game

^ That has to be the absolute stupidest thing I have ever seen a manager do in a baseball game.

Makes no sense to pull the previous pitcher. Let him issue the 4 straight.

TWICE he vacated 1st base with Pujols either at the plate or coming up.

 

Can you say "Intentional Walk"????

 

I don't have a problem with it tied but down 2 makes zero sense.

I keep trying to think of some logic for that intentional walk move and I am drawing a blank. Anyone? Did one of the announcers have a way to explain that?

I don't have a problem with it tied but down 2 makes zero sense.

Take the bat out of Pujols' hands???

 

Think, McFly.

I keep trying to think of some logic for that intentional walk move and I am drawing a blank. Anyone? Did one of the announcers have a way to explain that?

 

Apparently he ultimately wanted to bring Motte in, but he wasn't warm yet. So they got Lynn in and bought some time (with his mound warm ups).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.