For meat or for pride....

Whackem'n'Stackem'

Which one is it? I'm a venison hunter and I think hunting for antlers is hunting for all the wrong reasons.....

If they're over populating an area and need to be hunted then I don't see a problem with either reason. Sure it's nice if they're not just going to waste the meat though.

'

I would shoot the Buck......and donate the meat.

Then aren't you hunting for the wrong reasons?

Personally I don't care why you hunt, it's your business. As long as you aren't breaking game laws have at it. What I can't stand is the holy then thou "hunters" that want to judge the motives or methods of another hunter.

Well I have two sons that will drag in all the does we can use. No one has taken anything yet, because if we all three take a buck, we don't need 3 or 4 does on top of that. Does are pretty much there for the taking anytime you feel like taking them. My youngest son has had 9 bucks on camera. Only two are possible shooters, a real big 7 and a 9. They are starting to thin out now though. I guess the are starting to split up. My favorite time of the year!

Well I have two sons that will drag in all the does we can use. No one has taken anything yet, because if we all three take a buck, we don't need 3 or 4 does on top of that. Does are pretty much there for the taking anytime you feel like taking them. My youngest son has had 9 bucks on camera. Only two are possible shooters, a real big 7 and a 9. They are starting to thin out now though. I guess the are starting to split up. My favorite time of the year!

Yes, I second that. My absolute fave.

Edited by Whackem'n'Stackem'

I have always been a meat hunter, I do not pass up many deer, but I have gotten a nice place to hunt last few years that is plentiful with does, so I have been letting small bucks pass to give them a chance to mature, but I have took as many young does or big does in there place. I also have taken a small buck with my bow, due to the fact that I have not killed many with my bow... I Think its up to the individual hunter, but I do get irritated with all the hype on big horns! I think any animal is a good memory and a trophy in their own right, us adults forget that sometimes.

I have always been a meat hunter, I do not pass up many deer, but I have gotten a nice place to hunt last few years that is plentiful with does, so I have been letting small bucks pass to give them a chance to mature, but I have took as many young does or big does in there place. I also have taken a small buck with my bow, due to the fact that I have not killed many with my bow... I Think its up to the individual hunter, but I do get irritated with all the hype on big horns! I think any animal is a good memory and a trophy in their own right, us adults forget that sometimes.

:thumb: