For meat or for pride....

Whackem'n'Stackem'

When I was still able to hunt I was a meat hunter "you have to boil those horns an awfully long time to get em' tender,lol"

I will say now that with the more liberl liits there is no reason why a person couldn't choose both :idunno:. Take a doe or two for the freezer and the be a "Bone Collector" and hunt the horns, trophy hunt. :thumb:

WOW!!!!.....Congrats!!!
Oh, I wish I could take credit for that one, or wish more that that kid of mine holding it could take credit. But this one was hit by a barge in Lewis Co. KY. A good friend of mine has it. It's a whopper ain't it? It scores 195 after deductions.

• 3 weeks later...

Each has it's own argument. If you do not eat or use the meat, then trophy hunt. My question is what is a trophy to one hunter might not be good enough for another. Also, the areas you hunt can help you decide if this Buck is a trophy. Also I feel that when I pass up on a small buck, I think I am allowing some young Hunter or beginner a chance at a Buck that might make them become a Hunter for life. When my sons were growing up I would help them get a deer before I ever started to hunt for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing nothing the first weekend. I took a big doe. 2 other buddies each got a deer (small doe-8 ptr) we had one done in jerky, one done in deer rope (slim Jim's) and summer sausage and the third was steaks. We split the meat and the cost 3 ways.

Yummy.

• 10 months later...
When I was still able to hunt I was a meat hunter "you have to boil those horns an awfully long time to get em' tender,lol"

I will say now that with the more liberl liits there is no reason why a person couldn't choose both :idunno:. Take a doe or two for the freezer and the be a "Bone Collector" and hunt the horns, trophy hunt. :thumb:

:thumb: I do both or I should say my kids do both. I spend more time hunting with them and let them choose what they want to shoot, But we have one rule to the game. You can't shoot a smaller buck then the year before. I'm still looking for that farm thats over run with bucks! :banana: If anyone can help out , let me know. LOL