Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TJ Talking about Palmer with the Bengals

Featured Replies

TJ's problem isn't talent.

 

If the Raiders need a WR and Oakland doesn't sign TJ that almost has to be the end.

 

I don't know that the Raiders need another WR.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know that the Raiders need another WR.

 

I mean assuming they have a need in the future because of injury.

I don't know that the Raiders need another WR.

Especially a headcase like TJ

You can take Carson as the "leader" on your team. I will take the Red Rifle so fast it will make your head spin twice.

 

Dude has won 3 games against some of the worst QB's in the league. He is promising, but will his lack of arm strength against good teams really be no biggie b/c he's fiery? That is a lot to count on.

 

I've seen Carson and his skills and lack of leadership, which is a joke, win the toughest division in football twice.

Dude has won 3 games against some of the worst QB's in the league. He is promising, but will his lack of arm strength against good teams really be no biggie b/c he's fiery? That is a lot to count on.

 

I've seen Carson and his skills and lack of leadership, which is a joke, win the toughest division in football twice.

 

I'm not talking about strictly wins and losses. You can tell the way he acts on the side line he wants to be what a real leader is. Carson is thankfully gone I'm moving on.

As a non-Bengals fan, I am really excited to see how Palmer plays in a new system with a good surrounding cast.

In 09 he had either 7 or 9 fourth quarter TD drives to tie the game or take the lead. He can be my leader all day every day. He competed for 7 years against 2 of the top 4 teams in the AFC who had better coaches, scouts, doctors and personell and held his own. How do people forget all of this because last year was bad?

 

Last year wasn't even "bad" by league standards. It was about average. He's not an elite QB by any means but he's a site better than a lot of others out there. His QB rating was 82 in his "bad" year. Dalton's is 84.

Dude has won 3 games against some of the worst QB's in the league. He is promising, but will his lack of arm strength against good teams really be no biggie b/c he's fiery? That is a lot to count on.

 

I've seen Carson and his skills and lack of leadership, which is a joke, win the toughest division in football twice.

 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the worst QB's in the league? :lol: Please tell me you really believe that. That way I can just skip over any posts you make in the future regarding football.

 

I really don't get what some people on here's obsession with Palmer is about. Dude was an average QB, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to move on.

Last year wasn't even "bad" by league standards. It was about average. He's not an elite QB by any means but he's a site better than a lot of others out there. His QB rating was 82 in his "bad" year. Dalton's is 84.

 

The thing that made last year a bad year for Palmer was the INT's he threw all seemed to happen at crucial times and it seemed like every INT or fumble was returned for a TD by the opponent.

  • Author
Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the worst QB's in the league? :lol: Please tell me you really believe that. That way I can just skip over any posts you make in the future regarding football.

 

I really don't get what some people on here's obsession with Palmer is about. Dude was an average QB, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to move on.

 

Your thing about average QB doesn't really go well. Consider most people conside last year his worst year with the Bengals. Yet in his worst year he still threw for 4000 yards 26 touchdowns, yes 20 interceptions and a QB Rating of 84. Yet he did that still in what people say was his worst year, while also playing the toughest schedule in the league, and plays two of the best defenses 4 times a year. Not to mention we have heard many people talk about how bad Brat's offensive system had become.

 

I admit he is not an elite QB especially since the arm injury but he was better than just an average QB. You can ask the teams in our division that if they thought he was just average, and I bet you wouldn't hear that from them. They are as happy as can be he is gone, especially the Ravens.

  • Author
You can take Carson as the "leader" on your team. I will take the Red Rifle so fast it will make your head spin twice.

 

I'm not talking about strictly wins and losses. You can tell the way he acts on the side line he wants to be what a real leader is. Carson is thankfully gone I'm moving on.

 

Mostly all the offensive players seemed to like him, and respond to what Carson had to say. They always talked about his leadership especially at the end of games. Everyone has a different way about them when it comes to leading. I will admit he should have done a better job with Chad, and putting him in his place when he messed up. Which also the coaches could have helped with that too.

 

However the way Dalton goes about with the way he leads is probably a good thing for the team now, just because change is what people need. I still feel like for this season with Carson we would have been a better team and a better chance to really do something. However with the trade and what we got, in the long run we will be a better team now. Which who knows could happen this year, I hope Dalton keeps this up even with the schedule gets tougher.

He was decidedly average last year and the year before that. 6 of those INTs were pick sixes. Might as well take away 6 TDs to account for that. He's simply not the hall of fame legend you Palmer worshipers want to make him out to be.

  • Author
That's exactly my point. Of course he's going to say glowing things about Palmer. He sees this as an opportunity to potentially get back in the league.

 

Guys he was saying these things even about Palmer last season, especially when it comes to Bratkowski. Which that is one of the biggest things I got. He said what I been trying to say for awhile. Which is the OC also hurt Palmers performance more than people realize. Hard to do well when your predictable, and teams know exactly what your doing.

^Excuses excuses. The good QBs can get it done regardless of OC.

  • Author
He was decidedly average last year and the year before that. 6 of those INTs were pick sixes. Might as well take away 6 TDs to account for that. He's simply not the hall of fame legend you Palmer worshipers want to make him out to be.

 

Did I ever say he was a hall of famer? All I have said and contiued to say was he was not as bad as you all make him out to be. He also gave us the best chance to win, and would have given us the best chance to win still this year. With our schedule, and the young talent and new OC. It would have been nice to have Palmer. Especially since he knows how to win in the division which is key. We don't know if Dalton can do that yet. Maybe he will, however at this point Palmer would still have given a better chance against those teams.

 

If I was such a Palmer worshipper as you say, I would have been mad they traded him. However I am not, I LOVE the trade. I liked Palmer simply because he gave my favorite team it's best chance to win plain and simple. Which he did while have to play with all the crap that goes on with this team and franchise. I am fully behind Dalton now though, and not mad about the trade at all. In the long run it will pay off now, however I wanted to win now. Which now is still a question mark, when with Palmer I believe we would have had a great chance with how things are this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.