Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TJ Talking about Palmer with the Bengals

Featured Replies

  • Author
Never once said Dalton is better than Palmer. In 6 games he is already a better leader that much I know.

 

Palmer when he was younger did show more energy, than what he did later on. Then we saw him showing energy and leadership again during the last two games last year when playing with the young guys. As I said before I admit he messed up though, by not doing more to put Chad in his place when Chad messed up. Which nobody ever put him in his place, including the coaches.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you play in a boring predictable offense, you basically have to try to force throws to make plays. Lets not forget Dalton's sack against the Broncos ended our chances of winning that game, and so did the two interceptions in the 4th against the 49ers.

 

Which by the way you don't know much about football if you truly believe every interception is on the QB like you seem to think based on what you have say on here. You can even go by what the players and coaches said after games, and tell that some of the picks were not on him. Yes some were, but not all were either.

 

Rookies make mistakes, never said Dalton was perfect. But when you're dealing with a rookie QB, you can accept and live with those things from time to time. When dealing with a 7-8 year veteran like Palmer it's inexcusable and just flat out unacceptable.

 

I never said they all were. But listening to you and the other Carson lovers on here last year and this offseason, every single complaint against Palmer is met with the same old excuses. "It was Brat's fault, it was the receivers, etc., etc...." It'd be nice to hear you guys just once acknowledge that Palmer wasn't a good decision maker and he sucked at times.

  • Author
True but Carson had 3 picks in that Colts game.

 

Which he could have made up for all them if Gresham doesn't fumble! :D

 

Some of those pick 6's last year were horrible, I remember even thinking wow why did he throw that. However a few also were ones where receivers cut their routes short. Stat's like that don't go in though for people to see. Which I even admit though last year, was his worst year. Which his worst year, still wasn't the same as BAD QB as people try to say. That is why I do think he could have done really well this year. We will never know, and lets hope Dalton continues this. The future is bright actually for the Bengals, we can agree on that I think! :D

  • Author
Rookies make mistakes, never said Dalton was perfect. But when you're dealing with a rookie QB, you can accept and live with those things from time to time. When dealing with a 7-8 year veteran like Palmer it's inexcusable and just flat out unacceptable.

 

I never said they all were. But listening to you and the other Carson lovers on here last year and this offseason, every single complaint against Palmer is met with the same old excuses. "It was Brat's fault, it was the receivers, etc., etc...." It'd be nice to hear you guys just once acknowledge that Palmer wasn't a good decision maker and he sucked at times.

 

I believe you could find where I did say a few times Palmer needs to play better, etc. My biggest thing came when people try to say he is horrible, and all that. Which is then when I tried to explain why there are more reasons to it. Yes some were definitely just on him, and horrible decisions or poorly thrown balls. However some does have to do with what they ran, or bad routes by receivers. Remember we dont' know the depth all that on plays a receiver is suppose to get to. If a receiver is suppose to go 15 yards, but cuts it off at 12. Then if the QB throws the pass the ball is going to obviously be high, and look like it is on him. While it may have been on the receiver, those things we never know. As I said I think we could look at things other teammates said and coaches. Teammates and coaches, and even ex players had no problem saying when it was someone else fault on plays like that. We never heard players or coaches really say that about Palmer. Which shows that there may be more to it than what we see.

Good grief...you guys are comparing apples to oranges when looking at Carson last year versus Dalton this year. Bratkowski is gone...and while he got hired on elsewhere, it was as a position coach, not as OC...and I think that's telling. Chad is gone...and is struggling to catch passes from a HOF QB like Brady? Sure, maybe a new system for him, and granted, there was no real off season. But, 9 catches thru 6 games? Seriously?!? And T.O. is gone...and still not playing anywhere.

 

For anybody to say that Carson could not have thrived in this year's situation just as Dalton has...OR that Dalton wouldn't have struggled the same way Carson did in last year's situation...is laughable to me. Carson got waaayyyy too much blame for last year...the same way Dalton may get a little too much credit for the team's turnaround this year. I'm not saying that each may not have contributed (either positively or negatively)...but they are not the sole reason.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the worst QB's in the league? :lol: Please tell me you really believe that. That way I can just skip over any posts you make in the future regarding football.

 

I really don't get what some people on here's obsession with Palmer is about. Dude was an average QB, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to move on.

 

Yes. So much so that Buffalo considered taking a Qb with picks in the 1st and 2nd round. He may not be one of the worst, but he's average at the absolute best. How many teams has he played on? 59% lifetime with 56 TD's, 48 INT's and 14 fumbles. If that's your best win and it's at home against a team coming off their biggest win in a decade then you aren't exactly carving up a who's who of the QB's. Guy had 23 TD's and 15 picks last year with 3000 yards in 13 games on a team that was always down and he's good?

Someone look up Drew Brees' numbers last year and tell me how bad he is...

I'm not talking about strictly wins and losses. You can tell the way he acts on the side line he wants to be what a real leader is. Carson is thankfully gone I'm moving on.

 

Chad Pennington was a fiery leader too. I'll take the big arm that won the division twice and his leadership. Not saying it's great, but come on.

I know Palmer passed a physical but did anyone hear if they worked him out? To give up as much as they did you would certainly hope so.

Regarding Palmer's pick-6's....was he the only guy on the field? NO ONE else could have stopped those scores? Seriously...some of you are pretty harsh. How many of you also bash Brady for not being an elite QB because he's in the system he's in?

When I think of Carson Palmer 2 things come to mind. The first one is 20 INTs he threw last year. The second one is the 2 picks we will get! :D

  • Author
When I think of Carson Palmer 2 things come to mind. The first one is 20 INTs he threw last year. The second one is the 2 picks we will get! :D

 

Which then would make you fall into one of the category of fans that me and I believe HT talked about earlier.....

  • Author
Good grief...you guys are comparing apples to oranges when looking at Carson last year versus Dalton this year. Bratkowski is gone...and while he got hired on elsewhere, it was as a position coach, not as OC...and I think that's telling. Chad is gone...and is struggling to catch passes from a HOF QB like Brady? Sure, maybe a new system for him, and granted, there was no real off season. But, 9 catches thru 6 games? Seriously?!? And T.O. is gone...and still not playing anywhere.

 

For anybody to say that Carson could not have thrived in this year's situation just as Dalton has...OR that Dalton wouldn't have struggled the same way Carson did in last year's situation...is laughable to me. Carson got waaayyyy too much blame for last year...the same way Dalton may get a little too much credit for the team's turnaround this year. I'm not saying that each may not have contributed (either positively or negatively)...but they are not the sole reason.

 

Very well said.

I can agree with the points that TJ made about the changes, especially with the offensive line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.