Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TJ Talking about Palmer with the Bengals

Featured Replies

He was decidedly average last year and the year before that. 6 of those INTs were pick sixes. Might as well take away 6 TDs to account for that. He's simply not the hall of fame legend you Palmer worshipers want to make him out to be.

 

Please point to a post, ANY post, that called him a hall of fame legend.

 

Yeah, that's what I thought. Way to hype it up.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
^Excuses excuses. The good QBs can get it done regardless of OC.

 

Really? Do you mean good QB's or elite QB's? I could possibly buy that if you mean elite QB's. If you taken Big Ben, and put him here I doubt he does as well as he has. Same with McNabb even in his prime, Fitzpatrick obviously has done better since he left, Kolb, Romo, Ryan, etc. It's hard to do well in a predictable offense, and with receivers who don't run their right routes or quit on routes. Drew Brees probably doesn't win a super bowl, if he doesn't have a great offensive mind like Sean Peyton. Rodgers probably not as good if he wasn't in the system he is in. We already seen QB's who leave Andy Reids system do bad once they leave his system. Systems do make a big difference in how a team does. Peyton Manning, and Brady are two of the main guys who could do very well no matter what system they had. Which then we are talking about hall of famers.

  • Author

Which by the way since it was the interceptions that most people seem to point to when talking about Palmer and being "average." Does that mean Drew Brees has now lost it and is just an average QB? He had even more interceptions last year than Palmer, and is one of the tops if the not the top guy in interceptions again so far. Which is not even counting fumbles which he had 9 last year. So I guess we can count him as being average now too right?

 

(I am not saying he is as good as Brees, because he is not. However with the logic some of you use. Then we need to say Brees is just an average QB these days too.)

All those pick sixes he throws would've definitely helped them thus far, I agree.

 

He's not better than I think he is. He is an average QB in this league. He's better than the bottom of the barrell guys and below the upper tiered guys. I'd throw Dalton in the same category as Palmer. If nothing else, Dalton has shown he's a better decision maker than Carson already.

All those pick sixes he throws would've definitely helped them thus far, I agree.

 

He's not better than I think he is. He is an average QB in this league. He's better than the bottom of the barrell guys and below the upper tiered guys. I'd throw Dalton in the same category as Palmer. If nothing else, Dalton has shown he's a better decision maker than Carson already.

 

Like ... Plus the other pick 6's I didn't find.

 

Week 5 2010 Pick 6 against Tampa Bay Bengals lose by 3.

 

Week 10 2010 Pick against Colts Bengals lose by 6

 

Week 14 2 pick 6's vs Pitt Bengals lose by 16.

I'll give it more than 6 games before I say Dalton's a better anything than Palmer. I hope he turns out to be but I've seen flash in the pan QB's go off for several games, shoot even an entire year, then go belly up after that. Anyone remember Scott Mitchell?

Never once said Dalton is better than Palmer. In 6 games he is already a better leader that much I know.

Like ... Plus the other pick 6's I didn't find.

 

Week 5 2010 Pick 6 against Tampa Bay Bengals lose by 3.

 

Week 10 2010 Pick against Colts Bengals lose by 6

 

Week 14 2 pick 6's vs Pitt Bengals lose by 16.

 

Those are all Brat's fault, duh HT....Or wait were those the one's that were supposed to be blamed on the WRs? Sorry, I get my excuses mixed up some times, there's been so many of them after all.

Never once said Dalton is better than Palmer. In 6 games he is already a better leader that much I know.

 

Also seems to make smarter decisions. JMO, but he hasn't forced it much either.

Love it when fan's feelings get hurt.

  • Author
Those are all Brat's fault, duh HT....Or wait were those the one's that were supposed to be blamed on the WRs? Sorry, I get my excuses mixed up some times, there's been so many of them after all.

 

Also seems to make smarter decisions. JMO, but he hasn't forced it much either.

 

When you play in a boring predictable offense, you basically have to try to force throws to make plays. Lets not forget Dalton's sack against the Broncos ended our chances of winning that game, and so did the two interceptions in the 4th against the 49ers.

 

Which by the way you don't know much about football if you truly believe every interception is on the QB like you seem to think based on what you have say on here. You can even go by what the players and coaches said after games, and tell that some of the picks were not on him. Yes some were, but not all were either.

  • Author
Like ... Plus the other pick 6's I didn't find.

 

Week 5 2010 Pick 6 against Tampa Bay Bengals lose by 3.

 

Week 10 2010 Pick against Colts Bengals lose by 6

 

Week 14 2 pick 6's vs Pitt Bengals lose by 16.

 

True but lets not forget a drop pass by Shipley at the end cost them a chance to win that game when Palmer drove them down field. Then in the Colts game, when driving down field for potential game winning touchdown, Gresham fumbles the ball.

True but lets not forget a drop pass by Shipley at the end cost them a chance to win that game when Palmer drove them down field. Then in the Colts game, when driving down field for potential game winning touchdown, Gresham fumbles the ball.

 

True but Carson had 3 picks in that Colts game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.