• Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 4
    • Cardinals in 4
    • Cardinals in 5
    • Cardinals in 6
    • Cardinals in 7

How is the heck did the Cards make it in the playoffs let alone the WS? :irked:
The Cardinals finally got healthy at the end of the season.

Pujols & Carpenter got off to very slow starts. Did you think they would underperform forever??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I hate to say it I just don't see the Cardinals pulling this one out. Their starting pitching has been absolutely terrible. The bullpen has saved them game after game but I just don't see that lasting for another series. If they can get 2 quality starts from Carp and at least one more from someone else then they have a shot. Obviously thier offense has to stay hot as well. I'm picking the Rangers in 5 but at this point the Cards are playing with house money so you never know.

The Rays/Phillies WS of a couple years ago is in jeopardy of losing its distinction of the least watched WS ever.....Can't see anyone tuning in other than Cards and Rangers fans (do the Rangers actually have fans? :idunno:).

Baseball fans like me, will watch every inning.

St. Louis shouldn't be here, but they are, so I'm hesitant to pick based on who I think is the better team. However, I'm going to do so. I think the Rangers are a far better team, so I'm predicting a sweep. I believe the Cardinal's magic runs dry and the Rangers benefit from being in this same position just one year ago.

The Rays/Phillies WS of a couple years ago is in jeopardy of losing its distinction of the least watched WS ever.....Can't see anyone tuning in other than Cards and Rangers fans (do the Rangers actually have fans? :idunno:).
I was thinking the Rangers/Giants from last year now had that distinction. The only point of interest is that the Cardinals have Albert Puljos and a good regional following. What kills these games in the ratings are any time they have to go up against a football (college/pro) game.

Let me ask this, HT I know you are a Reds fan so what two teams would you watch if the Reds aren't in it? I definitely think this is a problem baseball will need to address. I don't think I watched much of if any of last years WS. I will obvioulsy watch this year because of the Cardinals.

Let me ask this, HT I know you are a Reds fan so what two teams would you watch if the Reds aren't in it? I definitely think this is a problem baseball will need to address. I don't think I watched much of if any of last years WS. I will obvioulsy watch this year because of the Cardinals.

That's a very good question. I don't recall watching a ton of the games last year either. I think I just get burnt out on baseball somewhat after the Reds are done. Football starts and it becomes an after thought.