Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

World Series - Texas vs St. Louis Predictions

Who and in how many games? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who and in how many games?

    • Rangers in 7
      12%
      3
    • Rangers in 6
      41%
      10
    • Rangers in 5
      16%
      4
    • Rangers in 4
      8%
      2
    • Cardinals in 4
      0%
      0
    • Cardinals in 5
      0%
      0
    • Cardinals in 6
      12%
      3
    • Cardinals in 7
      8%
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That's a very good question. I don't recall watching a ton of the games last year either. I think I just get burnt out on baseball somewhat after the Reds are done. Football starts and it becomes an after thought.
I would guess that is probably the same for the majority of sports fans. It will continue to be harder and harder for baseball to draw support in Oct going up against football.
  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I successfully predicted the Cardinals in 5 against the Phillies, and the Cardinals in 6 against the Brewers. I'm on a roll, and I feel a sweep for this series. Rangers in 4.

 

Yes you did pick the Cards and kudos :thumb:. I am picking the Rangers in 5.

Edited by oldrambler

The Cryin' Cards........ Carpenter, Molina and Tony (I am God) Larussa are probably already thinking up a list of things to whine about in this series.

 

I am not a Rangers fan but I cannot stand St. Louis.

Let me ask this, HT I know you are a Reds fan so what two teams would you watch if the Reds aren't in it? I definitely think this is a problem baseball will need to address. I don't think I watched much of if any of last years WS. I will obvioulsy watch this year because of the Cardinals.

 

When I was younger I could list the two teams in the past 20 or so Series.

 

I can't tell you who played in last year's Series.

 

Zero chance on the year before that.

Based off of what I've seen, I'd guess that the Rangers' pitching staff are more likely to hold the Cardinals' bats in check than the other way around and I think the numbers might bear that out, but not by much. The teams have very similar offensive numbers this year, Texas with an .800 OPS and St. Louis with .766. That said, the Cardinals charged late and that can't be discounted this time of year. Anyone know where I can find team statistics split up by month? I'd be willing to bet that the Cardinals towered over every team in the league with their numbers in September.

I found why Tony is so dang angry all of the time.

 

[video=youtube_share;PTYoVfyN0OM]

The Cryin' Cards........ Carpenter, Molina and Tony (I am God) Larussa are probably already thinking up a list of things to whine about in this series.

 

I am not a Rangers fan but I cannot stand St. Louis.

 

 

Alot of you should be natural Cards fans, it's obvious you all have alot in common. A full season of The Cryin' BGP Reds fans on here in the commical Track the NL Champ Reds. The Cards on the other hand are on their 18 trip to the World Series.

Alot of you should be natural Cards fans, it's obvious you all have alot in common. A full season of The Cryin' BGP Reds fans on here in the commical Track the NL Champ Reds. The Cards on the other hand are on their 18 trip to the World Series.

 

Funny how some reds fan whine and cry about the cardinals whining and crying.

Rangers in 6 and have no reason why I picked it...

The Cryin' Cards........ Carpenter, Molina and Tony (I am God) Larussa are probably already thinking up a list of things to whine about in this series.

 

I am not a Rangers fan but I cannot stand St. Louis.

OR, jealousy does not become you.

^ I was a bit stunned at the number of measurable areas defensively in which the Cardinals performed below league average, but this team has played a VERY different game since Sept. 1 than they did for the first 135 or so games of the season. As I said yesterday, I just think the Rangers are more likely to hold the Cardinals bats in check than the other way around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.