Obama Now Blaming Citizens

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an Obama supporter. In context or not, I have no problem with what he said.

But, it is a shame that everything anyone says in the public eye is almost always twisted, taken out of context, or pushed beyond its intention to make the person who said it look bad and to score some political points.

I look at what Hank Jr. said. He wasn't comparing Obama to Hitler. He used Hitler and a Jewish leader to make a point about enemies schmoozing it up. I'm not defending what he said. In today's world, you know that one is going over like a lead balloon. But, all you hear is that he compared Obama to Hitler and that becomes the prevailing view.

I've lost track of all the "outrageous" comments that when I actually looked into it further, amounted to little or nothing. This is another example. I should start keeping a notebook.

For those that do not care to watch the entire interview go to Part 2.

Now that context has been applied what am I supposed to be upset about?

Clyde, you're asking an awful lot of the membership here.

A) Go to the original source

2) Digest the unedited information

D) Make an informed decision rather than choose to be spoon-fed a party line

:lol: All funny responses to my question and to be honest I would have done the same thing. But all joking aside, Obama made a claim that America is soft. Who's fault is it? Woodsrider brought up sense of entitlement, anyone else have any thoughts? What is Obama driving at?

:lol: All funny responses to my question and to be honest I would have done the same thing. But all joking aside, Obama made a claim that America is soft. Who's fault is it? Woodsrider brought up sense of entitlement, anyone else have any thoughts? What is Obama driving at?

Well, I don't think it's as simple as assigning blame. As a society we've evolved (or devolved if you want). We were tougher historically. What's changed that? Industrialization, technology, a country that tries to give their citizens opportunity, all things we laud at one point and deride at another.

Removing the freedom to fail has made America soft. Excess has made America soft. Political correctness has made America soft. Laziness and irresponsibility has made America soft (like being on bgp and fb 4 hours per day and playing Call of Duty 4 more hours at night). But I believe that accountability is the biggest thing that has dwindled from our society and caused this great country to become soft. There is a medical diagnosos for everything now so it is never the person's fault. The freedoms we have guarantee the right to pursue happiness. Many folks skip over that word "pursue"