Obama Now Blaming Citizens

I believe to a degree the younger segment of our society is soft in the sense of the wimpy, mush-minded, self-esteem, do not take responsibilty policies of the last 50 years.

The first instance I personally remember is the post season tournament for the county grade school basketball league. Some thought it was wrong to give trophies, so they allowed the finals to be played in the high school gym, now they give trophies to everyone. Self-esteem comes from actually doing something, but in education you were not to harm their self-esteem, even if they were doing nothing. ( I am not talking about yelling at them or downgrading them, but even to point out their failures was considered wrong by the warm fuzzy crowd.) Now some educational leaders want teachers to give students at least 60% for work not turned in.

There are to many in society today who think they should get something for just showing up, not doing anything, just showing up. This mind thought has been created by people who think like Obama over the last 50 years. Those who believe these policies were failures from the beginning are indidivuals who believe in self responsiblity and the consequences of your actions. These difficult times may return us to those times.

This speech reminds me of Carter's "Malaise Speech".

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing the freedom to fail has made America soft. Excess has made America soft. Political correctness has made America soft. Laziness and irresponsibility has made America soft (like being on bgp and fb 4 hours per day and playing Call of Duty 4 more hours at night). But I believe that accountability is the biggest thing that has dwindled from our society and caused this great country to become soft. There is a medical diagnosos for everything now so it is never the person's fault. The freedoms we have guarantee the right to pursue happiness. Many folks skip over that word "pursue"

Good post!

Removing the freedom to fail has made America soft. Excess has made America soft. Political correctness has made America soft. Laziness and irresponsibility has made America soft (like being on bgp and fb 4 hours per day and playing Call of Duty 4 more hours at night). But I believe that accountability is the biggest thing that has dwindled from our society and caused this great country to become soft. There is a medical diagnosos for everything now so it is never the person's fault. The freedoms we have guarantee the right to pursue happiness. Many folks skip over that word "pursue"

I can't argue with that, regardless of anything the President meant or did not mean.

Excellent post! :thumb:

Totally agree. However, Obama and left don't see it that way. They think we need more government to take care of our needs. That's a big part of the problem.