Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Ivan McGlone gets 300th Win

Featured Replies

Russell Coach Ivan McGlone picks up his 300th Kentucky win. He also won 23 or 24 in West Virginia.

Congratulations to Coach McGlone, a great accomplishment.

Congrats to Coach McGlone. A great accomplishment for a Kentucky coaching legend. McGlone is a class person as well.

Congrats to Coach McGlone. He notched WAY too many of those in big games against Mason County.

Congrats to Coach McGlone. He notched WAY too many of those in big games against Mason County.

 

You are certainly not alone papa. McGlone has beat everyone around here as well as all over the state.

Living proof that old school football, solid ground game and defense still wins. McGlone has "Winged" all his life.

Congratulations Coach.

Living proof that old school football, solid ground game and defense still wins. McGlone has "Winged" all his life.

 

You are right about that. Russell is the exact same every single season, and they always win.

You are right about that. Russell is the exact same every single season, and they always win.

 

:thumb: Same few plays out of the wing t, here it is-you stop it. As good as his teams run it why change?

Like I said, ,Ivan McGlone is a coaching legend and as everyone has said all class.

Congrats to Coach McGlone, a coaching legend and old school to the core.

 

Congrats to Coach McGlone. He notched WAY too many of those in big games against Mason County.

 

More than a few of those wins came against my Pirates too.

Awesome accomplishment. Congrats Coach!

Is that the most victories with 1 team in KY history?

Is that the most victories with 1 team in KY history?

 

I don't believe so. I believe all of Bob Schneider's wins (345) came at Newport Catholic. And Mike Glaser has 320+, all at St. X if I'm not mistaken. It's probably the third most at one school, depending upon how many of Hilton's wins came at Bell County and not Breathitt/Bourbon.

Thanks. I was thinking of Hilton when I posted the question because I knew he was at Bourbon and Breathitt. I had no idea whether Schneider or Glaser had coached anywhere else other than NCC and ST. X.

 

It is even more amazing I guess when you think of 3 different coaches having 300+ at one school. Glaser expecially because of how much quicker he has reached that level compared to the others.

 

Philip Haywood currently has 343 victories, but not all of them were at Belfry. His first 72 wins came at Prestonsburg.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.