Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would Highlands be a prohibitive favorite vs ????

Featured Replies

Highlands plays a close game against a tough rival at their place, wins and ppl on here want to start a bunch of threads abt who we would and would not beat or be favored against. Flat out ridiculous! We won't even play half the teams on the list. What a joke! Most of the teams HHS plays they beat badly, period!

  • Replies 71
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cracks me up is you guys think the HHS defense is bad..Keep thinking that and see what happens..They are far from bad. Yes they need to fix some things but they will be fine..The only other offensive line in Ky better than CovCath's is Trinitys..The Birds will be fine..Do you guys remember last year when Christian Co had all this speed and HHS supposedly couldn't stop them or move the ball. What was the final score of the State Championship Game? Yeah...50-0..with Towles scoring 5tds in the first half..The Birds will win #21!!!
I don't recall anyone saying that. Several people, including myself, simply said don't discount CC. They had several guys that could score any time they touched the ball. I don't think anyone thought CC would win but figured they could at least give HHS a game. As it turns out they didn't. That's why they play the game on the field instead of message boards.
  • Author
Eveybody needs to relax.....Highlands plays a close game and stop the presses they have been exposed....nobody else has an offensive line like Cov Cath so if Im the rest of 4a I wouldnt start getting to excited about one game...Highlands went into CCH took there best shot and still won. Also why would they have had to fix there defense before this game...people are avg. 5 points a game. Im sure they will adjust there defense for the playoff game and Elder but good god folks give it a rest....CCH is a really good football team and still got beat at home and played almost flawless. If you dont score 40 or more you have no shot...unless your Elder and that goes for the rest of season!

 

Hey, this is what a message board is all about. 99% of the time on here, all we hear is thread after thread after thread about how wonderful Highlands is, how they would stack up against other elite programs, are they a Top 100 team in the nation, etc, etc, etc and it's outright ridiculous to even mention another Ky team not named Trinity in the same breath. Noone is critisizing them here, simply making comments and having a discussion. Yes, they won the game and yes, they're still the favorite to bring home #21. I don't think anyone has said differently. Maybe someone else on here needs to relax. I'm not too sure CC fans would agree with the near flawless play. You have to go for 7 from the one with an OL like that, right? You can't miss chippy field goals and claim flawlessness, can you? I also don't think too many on here are proclaiming CC as a defensive juggernaut. They've been somewhat exposed defensively a few times this year, themselves. Maybe, just maybe, there's another team out there not named Trinity that possess that really strong OL play, but, also plays better defense. Maybe not, but, still it's worth talking about.

Good old Boyle. It's amazing that Boyle will lose more games this year than Highlands has lost in the last 5 years combined. Good luck to Boyle on Friday.

 

 

:lol::lol:

 

Even when I compliment Highlands you're still a smart aleck. Get a grip big guy.

JB, noone is questioning how potent an offense Highlands has. They've shown that in every game they've played. However, up until this week, they've been pretty stellar on defense, too. Boyle moved the ball on them pretty effectively, as well, in the 1st half, but, not so much in the 2nd. CCath does have a good team and they exposed some things that previously wasn't seen or was seldom seen earlier in the year. There are other teams within the 4A ranks even, that possess that same ability to possibly expose them. Ashland would be 1 team that from everything I've heard, has a very very good & big & athletic OL. Not sure about Lex Cath. They may be a little more spread type which could play into Highlands favor. Personally, I think Highlands still wins state and I'll have to see someone beat em to not think that, just saying that it may not be as cut and dried as I and many others originally thought, like it is with Trinity in 6A.

 

That's all I was saying in the other thread and in this one. I agree.

I just saw Highlands beat CCH in a game where they fumbled three times, once on the one, and won. Not Highlands best performance and they won on the road against a team thats as good or better than anyone on that list. Nice list. I say HHS and CovCath go 11-0 vs this schedule.

ColdHard, are you saying that Cov Cath is better than everybody on that list b/c they played Highlands close? Or because they beat Beechwood and Boone Co? Highlands may go 11-0...CC aint.

ColdHard, are you saying that Cov Cath is better than everybody on that list b/c they played Highlands close? Or because they beat Beechwood and Boone Co? Highlands may go 11-0...CC aint.

 

I don't know about "CC aint" but I think CCH could. All would more than likely be good games.

I think the CCH Highlands game proved that 4A isn't a one horse race. That doesn't mean that Highlands isn't the favorite anymore, just that it wouldn't be a huge shocker if they didn't win. I don't know if that means Highlands is "down" or if the rest of the state has caught up. It's probably a little bit of both. As far as comparing them to the other teams across the state, we will never know who is truly better. The old four class system would have given us a better idea by December. This is the huge downside to having 6 classes in Kentucky.

 

You're right. IMO a 2 team race. It's either HHS or CCH that wins this year in 4A! The rest of the state hasn't caught up. Have you seen the scores from the rest of the state so far. CCH is a really good football team. To that "mafia" member, I'll paint it myself!:lol:

CCH could...good one

Make no mistake Highlands is still the clear favorite to win 4A or any other class except 6a and if you take away Trinity they'd even win 6a. They still have a realistic shot to be undefeated. I even think they can beat Elder at the Pitt" it won't be easy as the win will mean more for the panthers payoffs hopes. No offense to the other ky schools but Highlands and Trinity are the only two programs that can win verses the national powers of other States.

ColdHard, are you saying that Cov Cath is better than everybody on that list b/c they played Highlands close? Or because they beat Beechwood and Boone Co? Highlands may go 11-0...CC aint.

 

Easy, What I am saying is that I have seen CCH in person twice and on film once and having digested what information my feeble mind can, I think that they compare favorably to the teams listed above.

  • Author
Make no mistake Highlands is still the clear favorite to win 4A or any other class except 6a and if you take away Trinity they'd even win 6a. They still have a realistic shot to be undefeated. I even think they can beat Elder at the Pitt" it won't be easy as the win will mean more for the panthers payoffs hopes. No offense to the other ky schools but Highlands and Trinity are the only two programs that can win verses the national powers of other States.

 

No disrespect, but, beating Elder won't be beating a national power, at least not this year. Outside of Trinity, I really don't think there are any Ky teams that could match up with the national powers(Top 100 teams) and even Trinity can't in most years.

No disrespect, but, beating Elder won't be beating a national power, at least not this year. Outside of Trinity, I really don't think there are any Ky teams that could match up with the national powers(Top 100 teams) and even Trinity can't in most years.

 

Beating Elder in the Pitt will be more of a feat than winning any game on their schedule IMO. You could send Highlands to Johnsonville, Bell Co, Bolwing Green or John Hardin and winning in the Pitt against that GCL team will be much more impressive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.