Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would Highlands be a prohibitive favorite vs ????

Featured Replies

Central?

 

St X?

 

BGreen?

 

J.Hardin?

 

Lex Cath?

 

Harlan Co?

 

Ashland?

 

Manual?

 

Scott Co?

 

WCentral?

 

NCC?

  • Replies 71
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define prohibitive.

I would say that at this point in time, Highlands would probably be considered the favorite against every team listed above (and indeed, every KY team not named Trinity). Clearly, some of the teams listed above would pose significant challenges to the 'Birds this year. I don't know about 'prohibitive' favorites, though, as that term is very subjective.

  • Author

I don't know JB, just last week I think nearly everyone on here would have said they were and most likely the Highland faithful would have been insulted to even think someone may actually think differently. Has that opinion changed? Have the Bluebirds lost a little of there mystique? Don't get me wrong, I think they would still be a favorite against those teams, too, with a possible exception of St X and BGreen and I did say possible, before anyone burst a blood vessel, just not much of a favorite. I think the spread would be much closer and quite possibly, those games could go either way.

HHS is the favorite in all of them, but I don't know about "prohibitive" for the first four. I think BG would give them the best game.

Absolutely...the only team they would be an underdog in would be against Trinity..Come on man!!

  • Author
Absolutely...the only team they would be an underdog in would be against Trinity..Come on man!!

 

Easy big fella, Who said they would be an underdog? Read again and then reply..

I see a few teams on that list that would beat Cov Cath....rivalry or no rivalry. BG, Scott Co., Warren Central, John Hardin, maybe even Lex Cath and NCC. Cov Cath has a very good football team, but they're no juggernaut. You could say that(prohibitive) about the 2009 bluebirds, but not so much this year....IMO.

  • Author
I see a few teams on that list that would beat Cov Cath....rivalry or no rivalry. BG, Scott Co., Warren Central, John Hardin, maybe even Lex Cath and NCC. Cov Cath has a very good football team, but they're no juggernaut. You could say that(prohibitive) about the 2009 bluebirds, but not so much this year....IMO.

 

I agree. I think some of the "May as well give them trophy already" comments were way premature. They may end up winning it, wouldn't surprise me abit, but, they aren't the juggernaut they were being made out to be before last week. CC is a nice team, but, Beechwood pretty much played with them toe to toe and if not for a couple of key turnovers, could have won or even been closer. Bwood is also a good team, but, which of those above listed teams would they actually beat?

I think the CCH Highlands game proved that 4A isn't a one horse race. That doesn't mean that Highlands isn't the favorite anymore, just that it wouldn't be a huge shocker if they didn't win. I don't know if that means Highlands is "down" or if the rest of the state has caught up. It's probably a little bit of both. As far as comparing them to the other teams across the state, we will never know who is truly better. The old four class system would have given us a better idea by December. This is the huge downside to having 6 classes in Kentucky.

Easy big fella, Who said they would be an underdog? Read again and then reply..

 

Sorry...lol

There is no one stopping the HHS offense...If you don't match score for score you are done..Weinnie will fix the defense. I have no doubts the Birds win their 21st...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.