Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would Highlands be a prohibitive favorite vs ????

Featured Replies

For a public school with 400 boys, Highlands is definitely a national power. And you dont have to be from a particular state to be a national power, ex. Don Bosco or Good Counsel, and Maybe Trinity in a few years. Tag a program however you want it, Highlands has definately overcome the odds to become nationally ranked multiple years.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to highlands and played on 2 state teams just watch these teams from florida and ohio if highlands thinks they are national powers then play more than 1 a year

i went to highlands and played on 2 state teams just watch these teams from florida and ohio if highlands thinks they are national powers then play more than 1 a year

 

You look like you went to school with alphabet soup with all those grammar errors.

 

 

 

 

ttt.....

 

 

I agree with define prohibitive.

  • Author

Highlands is one of if not the best teams from Ky on a yearly basis. I don't think anyone would argue that. There are years they can and have beaten Trinity and St X. Trinity has the team this year and possibly even next year to be in the discussion with the best teams in the nation, but, aren't a year in, year out perennial national power. Now, if they continue playing the schedule they are playing this year and continue to win more than they lose, then they may, after 4-5 years, be in the discussion, but, 1 year or 2 doesn't qualify you, imo. Highlands, imo, needs to play at least 2 or 3 of the stronger Ohio, Ind teams on an annual basis and then may can be considered in the discussion, too. Make Elder an annual game, then throw in a Mohler, Lasalle, Colerain or St X and maybe a Riverdale, Maryville, Alcoa from Tn or a Cathedral, Ben Davis or Carmel from Ind and see how it goes. They already have kids that want to go there, but, you increase the competition level in scheduling and you'll have even more wanting to go there. Thats how you build it into something great and take it to the next level and they have the ability and support to do that.

What was the question again????

Highlands is one of if not the best teams from Ky on a yearly basis. I don't think anyone would argue that. There are years they can and have beaten Trinity and St X. Trinity has the team this year and possibly even next year to be in the discussion with the best teams in the nation, but, aren't a year in, year out perennial national power. Now, if they continue playing the schedule they are playing this year and continue to win more than they lose, then they may, after 4-5 years, be in the discussion, but, 1 year or 2 doesn't qualify you, imo. Highlands, imo, needs to play at least 2 or 3 of the stronger Ohio, Ind teams on an annual basis and then may can be considered in the discussion, too. Make Elder an annual game, then throw in a Mohler, Lasalle, Colerain or St X and maybe a Riverdale, Maryville, Alcoa from Tn or a Cathedral, Ben Davis or Carmel from Ind and see how it goes. They already have kids that want to go there, but, you increase the competition level in scheduling and you'll have even more wanting to go there. Thats how you build it into something great and take it to the next level and they have the ability and support to do that.

 

I was looking for a good laugh , I think I found it !!

 

 

This years Trinity (1500 boys ) National ranking 2011

 

Schedule 2

Offense 2

Defense 4

Power 2

 

2011 Trinity scedule

 

 

Brentwood Acadamy (TN)

Montgomery Bell (Tn )

Elder

St , X (oH )

Cathedral (In)

Manual

Male

Moeller

St X (Ky)

)

Your proposed 2012 Highlands schedule

 

 

Elder

Moeller

Lasalle

Colerain ( at Colerain , why not ?)

St x (Oh)

Riverdale

Maryville (In)

Alcoa

Cathedral (In)

Ben Davis (In)

Carmel (In)

 

We could see if the Chicago Bears have an open date for a preseason scrimmage , to get us ready for the regular season brutal schedule.

 

You do realize Highlands has only 400 boys in the school , don't you?

 

If Highlands runs the table on that schedule ,Trinity is going to have move over and share the number one ranking ! :thumb: I have to ask , where did you get that cool-ade that your drinking , I think it fermented . :lol:

 

Now , back to the thread , whatever it was . :idunno:

You look like you went to school with alphabet soup with all those grammar errors.

 

 

 

 

ttt.....

 

 

I agree with define prohibitive.

 

Oh Snap no you di...int :taz:

I was looking for a good laugh , I think I found it !!

 

 

This years Trinity (1500 boys ) National ranking 2011

 

Schedule 2

Offense 2

Defense 4

Power 2

 

2011 Trinity scedule

 

 

Brentwood Acadamy (TN)

Montgomery Bell (Tn )

Elder

St , X (oH )

Cathedral (In)

Manual

Male

Moeller

St X (Ky)

)

Your proposed 2012 Highlands schedule

 

 

Elder

Moeller

Lasalle

Colerain ( at Colerain , why not ?)

St x (Oh)

Riverdale

Maryville (In)

Alcoa

Cathedral (In)

Ben Davis (In)

Carmel (In) We could see if the Chicago Bears have an open date for a preseason scrimmage , to get us ready for the regular season brutal schedule.

 

You do realize Highlands has only 400 boys in the school , don't you?

 

If Highlands runs the table on that schedule ,Trinity is going to have move over and share the number one ranking ! :thumb: I have to ask , where did you get that cool-ade that your drinking , I think it fermented . :lol:

 

Now , back to the thread , whatever it was . :idunno:

 

I don't think he said play them all, he was saying play 3 or so out of that list. That's how I read it anyway.

I don't think he said play them all, he was saying play 3 or so out of that list. That's how I read it anyway.

 

:thumb:

 

I recently ran into a Elder fan and couldn't believe what I heard.

 

This is what I heard (quote ) " Highlands should kill us this year , we are terrible " (unquote ). WOW!!!

  • Author
I don't think he said play them all, he was saying play 3 or so out of that list. That's how I read it anyway.

 

exactly, thank you.

:thumb:

 

I recently ran into a Elder fan and couldn't believe what I heard.

 

This is what I heard (quote ) " Highlands should kill us this year , we are terrible " (unquote ). WOW!!!

 

You didn't buy into that right?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.