September 19, 201115 yr Author http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110918/SPT02/309180056/Simpson-Blame-me- But what Simpson mostly was thinking about was a dropped pass with 6:49 left in the game at the Denver 26 that could have put the Bengals in position for a go-ahead field goal. The Bengals trailed 24-22 at the time and that the score they would end up losing by at Sports Authority Field. “I’m a receiver and I can catch the ball, Simpson said. “I’m supposed to make those plays. That’s my fault. I really can’t explain it. I dropped it and it was a big point in the game. I take the blame. “Blame it on me.” Simpson caught four passes for a career-high 136 yards, marking the third time in his past four regular-season games he has exceeded 120 yards. But once again a big game was marred. Simpson caught 12 passes for 123 yards in a 13-7 loss at Baltimore in the 2010 season finale but had two fumbles. “It wasn’t enough,” Simpson, who also had another dropped pass, said of his performance Sunday. “We didn’t get the win. I got to try harder. I’ve got to catch all the passes thrown my way.” That's more on Dalton. It would have been a great catch had he held on.
September 19, 201115 yr I think the Bengals aren't going to be absolutely terrible. Just bad. Dalton is actually pretty good. This team may not win a bunch but I like them better.
September 19, 201115 yr That's more on Dalton. It would have been a great catch had he held on. Sure it wasn't the best pass from AD but it hit JS's hands, both of them. It's his job to make the catch.
September 19, 201115 yr Author Sure it wasn't the best pass from AD but it hit JS's hands, both of them. It's his job to make the catch. All of his momentum going one way and he was to reach back. It's not like the ball hit both of his palms. My guess is it got fingertips. It would have been a heckuva catch. I'll stand by my contention that it's on Dalton.
September 19, 201115 yr Play of the game was the 4th and one. Broncos were bringing the house and they run a boot? Either pound it or throw a quick hitter. Bottom line this team is a breath of fresh air, they really play hard.
September 19, 201115 yr Author Play of the game was the 4th and one. Broncos were bringing the house and they run a boot? Either pound it or throw a quick hitter. Bottom line this team is a breath of fresh air, they really play hard. Agreed. DE made a great play to stay home. Bengals gambled he wouldn't. Even if he didn't I'm not sure if they would have gotten the 1st down. Tight coverage.
September 19, 201115 yr Any word on Shipley? It looked like knee... After the game, wide receiver Jordan Shipley walked on crutches while wearing a brace on his left knee.
September 19, 201115 yr Agreed. DE made a great play to stay home. Bengals gambled he wouldn't. Even if he didn't I'm not sure if they would have gotten the 1st down. Tight coverage. Green was open if that guy didn't get to Dalton.
September 19, 201115 yr Did Dunlap play at all today? When it was all said and done, got to thinking about it, and can't honestly remember even seeing him there on the field?
September 19, 201115 yr Even though they lost, I had a lot more fun cheering for these guys than I did the last 2 seasons. At least there is a lot of potential. Two years ago they were a playoff team and beat the packers, and swept the division? Come on man, people need to quit acting like they have had many bad years in a row and just sucked every year and not even competitive. I could understand saying it is more fun than last year, which is VERY TRUE though.
September 19, 201115 yr Very encouraging. I love what I see out of the young guys. Hmmm I remember someone trying to tell you all this before the year began. This team has young talent, and not as bad as some of you were making them to be. I am not saying they are a playoff team, but with the early easier schedule. They have a chance to start well, and definitely make it exciting to watch this year. As for the game, very disappointed in the defense. Denver didn't have their top 2 receivers, there no reason why they should have given up 24 points still. On offense they played pretty well, I do think Gruden needs to open it up a littler earlier now, now that he has seen Dalton when he has had to pass and the defense knowing it. Dalton looked good, especially when they opened it up when they got down 17 to 3. The only real mistake today was taking that sack at the end, however it looked like he thought he could make that guy miss. I am very encouraged about this team, but the defense needs to play better.
September 19, 201115 yr Is Eric Decker the long lost son of Ed McCaffery? Same number, same build... just saying.
September 19, 201115 yr I know the D put them in a hole, but Ced has to have more than 16 carries. D was very disappointing. Denver has backup running back and Tebow as the 3rd WR. How in the world do the Bengals lose that game? I wouldn't be gettin all giddy in Bengaldom, they should have smoked that team yesterday.
September 19, 201115 yr How many time did Mauluga hit the RB in the hole or backfield and not bring him down? They sorely miss Dhani Jones
September 19, 201115 yr I know the D put them in a hole, but Ced has to have more than 16 carries. D was very disappointing. Denver has backup running back and Tebow as the 3rd WR. How in the world do the Bengals lose that game? I wouldn't be gettin all giddy in Bengaldom, they should have smoked that team yesterday. They should have smoked them. I actually think Ced should have had less carries. Denver had no answer whatsoever for the 3 WR set out of the shot gun. Of course they didn't need it because the Bengals were quick to put Dalton back under center and even use the full back at times in the 4th quarter. Ced couldn't convert 2 3rd and 1's and they wouldn't even use him on 4th and 1. I agree with you that Mauluga played horrible. To me the players on the field were a TD better than Denver b/c Denver was missing guys but Denver outcoached the Bengals by 9 points. Chasing points in the middle of the third quarter is dumb.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.