Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's Say Peyton Manning Can't Play This Year

Featured Replies

  • Author
They are investigating options. Not good...

 

You must follow a lot of the same people I do on twitter. :D

 

I believe you are correct.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one word....Farve.

one word....Farve.

 

I bet Favre has been down on his knees praying this whole time. The Colts will not be as pathetic as Brad Childress though I wouldn't imagine.

Favre is still better than any option there is. Better than Collins, Garrard, Painter, Palmer, etc. The list goes on.

Favre was useless last season, he'd be useless again this year. He was bottom half of the league, don't know why anyone would expect differently this year.

Well, I just picked up Kerry Collins.

 

I'm extremely upset. I drafted PM in the fifth round, figuring ohh well, so what if he sits out a game or two. I hope Kerry Collins plays well, or I'll be forced to play Kyle Orton.

Well, I just picked up Kerry Collins.

 

I'm extremely upset. I drafted PM in the fifth round, figuring ohh well, so what if he sits out a game or two. I hope Kerry Collins plays well, or I'll be forced to play Kyle Orton.

 

I'd play Orton every day and twice on Sundays over Collins.

I'd play Orton every day and twice on Sundays over Collins.

 

I know, I'm really weighing my options here. I just love the weapons that Collins has to throw to, and not so much with Orton.

I bet Favre has been down on his knees praying this whole time. The Colts will not be as pathetic as Brad Childress though I wouldn't imagine.

 

Favre was useless last season, he'd be useless again this year. He was bottom half of the league, don't know why anyone would expect differently this year.

 

I bet you all had a really hard time watching the 2009 season considering he did so well, when I believe you all said the samethings before that year. Now last year he finally did horrible like you all wanted, so I am sure you loved that.

 

With the way Favre plays though that is what you get, either great or horrible. So if the Colts got him, that is probably would you could expect is the same thing. He would either do great, or do very bad you just never know with him. The one thing is though with him, even with the style he plays, his teams have still usually always been winning teams. I think he has had something like only 2 losing seasons ever while in the NFL. So like his style or not, he has done well with it.

 

On a side note I don't think it would go well with the Colts because it is not a West Coast offense, which he would be use to. His best chance to come in and do well would be a team like the Bengals actually. Since they would have running game, and young talented receivers in the West Coast system. I don't think he comes back this time though, but if he did it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did well as long as it was in a West Coast system.

I know, I'm really weighing my options here. I just love the weapons that Collins has to throw to, and not so much with Orton.

 

The thing you have to consider is all those really weapons that Collins has to throw to? Or are they products of Peyton Manning just being that good. Reggie Wayne is the only one on that offense, that I think could still do pretty well on another offense that doesn't have Peyton. Other than that we have seen Peyton make any receiver they throw in there look really good. Much like Brady has done in NE.

The thing you have to consider is all those really weapons that Collins has to throw to? Or are they products of Peyton Manning just being that good. Reggie Wayne is the only one on that offense, that I think could still do pretty well on another offense that doesn't have Peyton. Other than that we have seen Peyton make any receiver they throw in there look really good. Much like Brady has done in NE.

 

So you don't think Dallas Clark would have had any success anywhere else?:idunno:

So you don't think Dallas Clark would have had any success anywhere else?:idunno:

 

No not as much. He would not be a top 10 TE anymore IMO if he didn't play for the Colts. Jacob Tamme looked pretty good to once he got a shot when Clark was hurt. Heck Chase Coffman probably would even look like a top 10 TE if you had him starting at TE in the Colts offense. I am not saying Clark is horrible, however I don't think he would have become as much of a name if he played in another offense because I don't think he would have done as great as he has.

According to Isray, Manning will be out for a while.

 

Over/under on 4 games?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.