Rowan County 59 Southwestern 51

cammando

The turnovers just killed Southwestern. After the 1st quarter the Warriors played right with the Vikings which was good to see after they seemed to give up a little bit last week against Boone County. A couple of questionable calls by the Warrior staff in the 4th quarter hurt Southwestern as well. They went for 2 before they needed to and then didn't onside kick after recovering 2 earlier which allowed Rowan to run out the clock. Hopefully, next week the Warriors can put together 2 solid halves on both sides of the ball and crack the win column.

The turnovers just killed Southwestern. After the 1st quarter the Warriors played right with the Vikings which was good to see after they seemed to give up a little bit last week against Boone County. A couple of questionable calls by the Warrior staff in the 4th quarter hurt Southwestern as well. They went for 2 before they needed to and then didn't onside kick after recovering 2 earlier which allowed Rowan to run out the clock. Hopefully, next week the Warriors can put together 2 solid halves on both sides of the ball and crack the win column.
On the last kick-off Rowen had everyone up.. The kick was supposed to be a pop-up over the line and allow streakers to shoot past the line to recover the kick... Just didn't work out..

On the last kick-off Rowen had everyone up.. The kick was supposed to be a pop-up over the line and allow streakers to shoot past the line to recover the kick... Just didn't work out..

What about when they were down 15, scored a touchdown and went for 2? I know they needed 2 at some point but by going for it then and not getting it they took a lot of pressure of Rowan who knew they could just run it and not worry about trying to get a first down since they would still be up 2 scores. If they kick the XP then Rowan would have played offense since SW could have tied it with one possession. Either way it probably wouldn't have mattered but it did hamstring them. Regardless, it was a nice effort to get back in the game and hopefully it will be what gets the Warriors going. They can still win the district.

What about when they were down 15, scored a touchdown and went for 2? I know they needed 2 at some point but by going for it then and not getting it they took a lot of pressure of Rowan who knew they could just run it and not worry about trying to get a first down since they would still be up 2 scores. If they kick the XP then Rowan would have played offense since SW could have tied it with one possession. Either way it probably wouldn't have mattered but it did hamstring them. Regardless, it was a nice effort to get back in the game and hopefully it will be what gets the Warriors going. They can still win the district.

I can see both sides of it. I'd rather go for two in that situation personally. I'd like to get it there or not get it there to have a better idea of how the play the rest of the game. I'd hate to come all the way back only to lose on a missed 2 pt. conversion.

Rowan has really had a slew of talent about 3 years now. If you haven't gotten to see future Okl St basketball prospect + Rowan Co QB Adam Wing play you are missing one of the more underrated athletes in the state. He is a really nice ball player. Mentally, throwing the ball+running the ball.