Cardinals trade Rasmus to Toronto as part of 8 player trade

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard some interesting info on Rasmus. Supposedly his dad is part of the reason he was traded. Rasmus' father apparently has Colby's ear more than LaRussa and his staff and apparently LaRussa had enough of it.

And he doesn't listen to the coaches.

Exactly ... apparently he was listening to Dad and not listening to the coaches.

You would think crap like that would stop once a player leaves high school. I know we've seem similar problems with some college players, but I don't think I've ever seen it at this level.

All the baseball guys seem to think the Blue Jays made out like bandits in this one....I'd have to agree. Dotel, Patterson, and Jackson don't do much for me. The lefty they got is nasty though.

In the long run they maybe right, but I think this deal goes a long way toward the Cards chances this year in the NL Central.

I think that's a very good deal for the Cardinals, and should help solidify their bullpen, and Jackson will give them another pretty good arm for their rotation.

The person who may help them the most in that deal is Dotel. Jackson's numbers aren't all that good so he offers depth more than anything else. I guess they might move McClellan back to the pen to help further there. Personally I like McClellan better starting than Jackson but I can see moving him back to the pen to help out there.

The person who may help them the most in that deal is Dotel. Jackson's numbers aren't all that good so he offers depth more than anything else. I guess they might move McClellan back to the pen to help further there. Personally I like McClellan better starting than Jackson but I can see moving him back to the pen to help out there.

Jackson's numbers are actually better than I thought, but I agree that having Dotel in the pen will really help the Cards.

All the baseball guys seem to think the Blue Jays made out like bandits in this one....I'd have to agree. Dotel, Patterson, and Jackson don't do much for me. The lefty they got is nasty though.

Tallet?

He's been less than steller in his career.

Heard some interesting info on Rasmus. Supposedly his dad is part of the reason he was traded. Rasmus' father apparently has Colby's ear more than LaRussa and his staff and apparently LaRussa had enough of it.
LaRussa, however, has a history of not getting along with some players, necessitating a trade. J.D. Drew, Brendan Ryan and Scott Rolen have all had their rows with LaRussa.