Track the NL Central Champion Reds - 2nd Half (Week 1)

Stubbs

Renteria

Votto

Phillips

Bruce

Rolen

Heisey

Hanigan

Arroyo

Let the complaining begin. :lol:

The only complaint I have is with using Renteria but I'm sure he has better numbers against Carpenter than Cozart, (who has not faced him). He wouldn't use Hernandez 3 days in a row. I would have Heisey batting leadoff and Stubbs 7th. It all makes sense doesn't it in Dusty's eyes?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a prediction on how the rest of the season will play out regarding Massett:

If Massett hits a rough patch or doesn't live up to potential it will be because Dusty "ruined his confidence," not because he's a perpetual screw-up who I wouldn't trust to pitch a tee-ball game. If Massett is lights out the rest of the way it will be because he is just that awesome.

I think Masset is by far their best reliever, but you're missing the point. If Masset blows that game last night I wouldn't complain. If Coco would have came on in the 9th and blown it I wouldn't complain. However if Masset watches Chapman blow a game in the 8th against a righty I will complain or if there is a completely rested pen and Cordero is run out with a tired an ineffective arm because he was over worked I will complain. As EZ has explained it's about putting your guys in the best spot to win. Using a guy prone to walks in the 8th inning of a 1 run game that had to be sent to AAA not too long ago to get it together when there are better and far more consistent options is dumb.

Edgar is hitting .167 against Carpenter.

I don't understand why when BP hits 4th the SS has to hit 2nd in Dusty's eyes no matter who the SS is.

Cozart has a hit in every game he's appeared, and has far more range. Probably a good time for a day off.

I don't understand why when BP hits 4th the SS has to hit 2nd in Dusty's eyes no matter who the SS is.

Cozart has a hit in every game he's appeared, and has far more range. Probably a good time for a day off.

He just had 4 days off. Why in the world would he need another one.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Phillips said if he knew the ball was definitely out he would have carried his bat around the bases like Pedro Serrano.

:lol:

I asked Dusty Baker if he considered going with the hot hand and playing Zack Cozart tonight, instead of Edgar Renteria.

“No,” Baker said. “I try to match up guys against guys they have a chance against. We’re facing (Chris) Carpenter. This guy can carve you up. Edgar knows him. Cozart will be in there tomorrow. I told him that yesterday.”

Renteria, however, has not had success against Carpenter. He goes into tonight’s game 3-for-16 against Carpenter.

Baker other point was that Renteria has not started a game in eight days.

“That’s too long for anyone,” Baker said. “Edgar’s getting his stroke together.”

Renteria went into Saturday 4-for-20 in the July and hitting .193 since April.

Arroyo gets squeezed on a 1-1 pitch and next pitch Pujols deposits in the seats. Bruce had a chance earlier with bases loaded and one out and he hits into a double play. Just isn't going their way so far tonight.

Stubbs

Renteria

Votto

Phillips

Bruce

Rolen

Heisey

Hanigan

Arroyo

Let the complaining begin. :lol:

:lol: Another one of the daily lineup/batting order change. I will :deadhorse: again! Why he has to continue changing every night is way beyond me. Again.....a team cannot get in any kind of rythym working together when everything changes daily. The more that toothpick tries to show how smart he is-the more he proves the opposite. Maybe he is showing what a manager he is........not.

Unbelievable
Not really when you consider who we are talking about. The "what the heck is he thinking" has become the normal.

1.) I think that you are alright, not understanding Dusty is a good sign, means that you are not insane :D. 2.) Cozart has hit in every game played, he has done a solid job in the field, the team seems to play better when he is in, I don't see how rest could enter in to it (unless you were saying that as a joke about toothpick's thinking). Only reason I can come up with is that toothpick realized a player had been in the lineup for a couple of days, same position and playing well. That makes perfect sense, toohpick realized he had a player in the right position that has played well so he had to put a stop to it :rolleyes:.

For your entertainment, the EZ Living "Dusty's lineup" log:

I'm sure the "toothpick" had a great vision out in Montana and will come up with some "hot" lineups this weekend. It's just a shame that he didn't get lost out in the mountains for a few weeks so that maybe this team could get started on the right foot.

Originally Posted by westsider

Why Heisey in the leadoff slot against righties and Lewis seventh?

Heisey is faster and I guess Dusty figures he can steal a base. Oh but wait, Dusty won't let them run will he?

Friday night complaining about Heisey leading off instead of Lewis, Heisey goes 2-5, 2 HR's and 3 runs scored. Lewis is 0-3.

The only complaint I have is with using Renteria but I'm sure he has better numbers against Carpenter than Cozart, (who has not faced him). He wouldn't use Hernandez 3 days in a row. I would have Heisey batting leadoff and Stubbs 7th. It all makes sense doesn't it in Dusty's eyes?

Saturday ... EZ doesn't like Renteria batting second. Renteria goes 2-5. EZ also thinks maybe Heisey should lead off and Stubbs bat seventh. Stubbs is 3-4 batting leadoff. Heisey is 0-3.

I can't wait to hear what EZ Living has to say about today's lineup. Read closely and you might find the star of the game before the first pitch is thrown.

Having a little fun with you EZ, but the point I will make is it is easy to second guess managers. Actually, you had legitimate arguments for questioning the lineups, but Dusty had very good legitimate reasons for doing what he did. His decisions worked. As long as the manager's move makes no sense at all, it is hard to pick on him IMO.