Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NL Central Champion Reds - 2nd Half (Week 1)

Featured Replies

Huge huge series this weekend with St. Louis for the Reds.

 

Cueto vs. Westbrook tonight

Arroyo vs. Carpenter tomorrow night

Bailey vs. Garcia Sunday

  • Replies 192
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huge huge series this weekend with St. Louis for the Reds.

 

Cueto vs. Westbrook tonight

Arroyo vs. Carpenter tomorrow night

Bailey vs. Garcia Sunday

 

Getting to the point where we start talking about must wins. I think tonight is close to that.

  • Author

^I'd say they have to win 2 of 3. They can't afford to continue to lose ground when there's three teams in front of them IMO.

^I'd say they have to win 2 of 3. They can't afford to continue to lose ground when there's three teams in front of them IMO.

 

I agree. That's why I put an emphasis on tonight's game. I don't see them beating both Carpenter and Garcia

Isn't Leake their 2nd best pitcher right now?

Isn't Leake their 2nd best pitcher right now?

 

Not judged on stats

Not judged on stats

 

You must be a Dusty fan, cause he only uses ststs and has no feel for the game and never goes on gut. Leake has given the Reds a good start almost every time. He would have about three more quality starts except he gave up a run or two late in the game with thr Reds holding a nice lead.

Not judged on stats

 

All year stats? Stats as of late? I feel since he's been back he's been the 2nd best, but it could be perception more than reality because he may have better run support.

Isn't Leake their 2nd best pitcher right now?

 

Not judged on stats

 

You must be a Dusty fan, cause he only uses ststs and has no feel for the game and never goes on gut. Leake has given the Reds a good start almost every time. He would have about three more quality starts except he gave up a run or two late in the game with thr Reds holding a nice lead.

 

All year stats? Stats as of late? I feel since he's been back he's been the 2nd best, but it could be perception more than reality because he may have better run support.

 

Three of Leake's last 4 starts he has given up 4 or more earned runs and hasn't made it beyond the 6th inning in any of those starts. He did shut out TB for 6 innings in the other start. But looking at the stats, or how Dusty feels... whatever, those numbers don't generate huge confidence when facing the Cards. This is also about setting up the rotation for the second half and I think Dusty wants Arroyo between Cueto and Bailey - hard, soft, hard.

All year stats? Stats as of late? I feel since he's been back he's been the 2nd best, but it could be perception more than reality because he may have better run support.

 

Last 30 days 4.75 ERA 2-2 record. Woods ERA is much better in the same time also with a .500 record. Willis is 2nd best if you just go back a week.

  • Author

I seem to recall Bronson historically being heads and shoulders better in the 2nd half of the season than the first....He's in real jeopardy of having his streak of 15 win, 200+ inning seasons snapped though.

I just want the Reds to start playing better. Win the games you're suppose to win, take care of leads, etc.

Cards lineup:

 

Theriot SS, Rasmus CF, Pujols 1B, Holliday LF, Berkman RF, Freese 3B, Molina C, Schumaker 2B, Westbrook P

I'm interested in seeing who the Reds roll out there tonight. Particularly the OF

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.