K-Rod to Brewers ...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the piece to the puzzle that the Brew Crew needed to take the division. This allows Axford to move to the setup role and solidify their bullpen. Sounds to me like they will do whatever it takes to win this year since Fielder is a FA after this season.

No. Phillies still have the best team in the National League by far.

In one series anything can happen....otherwise the Giants and Cardinals wouldn't have won recent World Series. It would be foolish to dismiss the Brewers and their offense in the postseason--if they get there.

In one series anything can happen....otherwise the Giants and Cardinals wouldn't have won recent World Series. It would be foolish to dismiss the Brewers and their offense in the postseason--if they get there.
:thumb: :thumb:

The Brewers are definitely a "contender". I wouldn't call them the favorites though. Will be interested to see who closes for both the Brewers and the Mets following this.

I think with the minuscule amount they had to give up and K-Rod's massive vesting option he will be the set-up guy in Milwaukee. Though with this switch to Boras you know they will be pushing HARD to A) hit the vesting option and B) keep K-Rod at closer where his value remains the highest. With the Mets it is quite interesting as Parnell and Isringhausen have both been pitching well. Izzy has been the primary set-up guy and that usually means he is first in line when the closer goes. Parnell is probably the closer for the future in Queens and they may want to see what they have.

This is the piece to the puzzle that the Brew Crew needed to take the division. This allows Axford to move to the setup role and solidify their bullpen. Sounds to me like they will do whatever it takes to win this year since Fielder is a FA after this season.

K-Rod will be the set up man...

12:$17.5M option ($3.5M buyout)

2012 option becomes guaranteed with:

55 games finished in 2011, and

100 games finished in 2010-11, and

doctors declare Rodriguez healthy after 2011

He is at 42 games right now.

8th inning work with the occasional save here and there.

Btw, where do you get your contract information?

12:$17.5M option ($3.5M buyout)

2012 option becomes guaranteed with:

55 games finished in 2011, and

100 games finished in 2010-11, and

doctors declare Rodriguez healthy after 2011

He is at 42 games right now.

Baseball reference has him at 34 so far this year with 46 last year

I hope they play him enough so his contract vests for next year.

:thumb: It would definitely hamstring them financially. Prince is already gone after this year, and they just gave Braun a ton of money. Not sure how this team can contend going forward if they don't replace Prince and I don't see them having the money available to do it.