K-Rod to Brewers ...

:thumb: It would definitely hamstring them financially. Prince is already gone after this year, and they just gave Braun a ton of money. Not sure how this team can contend going forward if they don't replace Prince and I don't see them having the money available to do it.
I say this not having a clue how long anyone is under contract besides Braun and Prince. But if Prince is the only piece they lose I can definitely see them being contenders going forward. They have a good rotation and even with the large loss of Prince they will still have a good lineup. Plus they play in the weakest division in baseball.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol:

And where is this information coming from? Pretty sure they are pleased with Axford, it's the rest of the BP they haven't been happy with.

About as pleased as we are with CoCo. The last 4 games he pitched went like this. Does this sound like something you would be pleased with if you now have a solid guy in your bullpen to replace him with? You may be right that Axford could remain the closer but Doug Melvin is not the "toothpick" and I'm sure he would like to keep his job.

July 4 he pitched 1 inning gave up 4 hits and 2 er and took a loss versus Ariz

July 6 he pitched a perfect inning and picked up a save versus Ariz

July 7 he pitched 1 inning gave up 3 hits and a walk and 1 er with a HR but still got the save because an inept Cincy offense couldn't take advantage of what they had in the inning

July 9 he pitched a perfect inning in a mopup role in a 8-4 loss to Cincy

He's given up 3 ER's since May 22nd. He's done a great job for them.

He may have but when you have another closer in your pen, it's what have you done for me lately. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

Accuscore reran it's stimulations with K-Rod as a Brewer and it didn't impact their chances at all....Still 56.7% chance of winning the division, and 59.1% chance of playoffs.

Stimulations are nice but simulations might give a better forecast.

You may be right that Axford could remain the closer but Doug Melvin is not the "toothpick" and I'm sure he would like to keep his job.
The difference is Rodriguez's option ... the Brewers certainly don't want to get to that point. He will make a fine eighth-inning option for them and could pick a save here and there.

The difference is Rodriguez's option ... the Brewers certainly don't want to get to that point. He will make a fine eighth-inning option for them and could pick a save here and there.

That makes total sense but you and I don't have any idea what his agent Scott Boros has discussed with Brewers management regarding the situation prior to the trade. Boros is no dummy and K-Rod wouldn't have agreed to the trade if there wasn't the possibility of something coming his way.